Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to J C H Send a message via MSN to J C H Send a message via Yahoo to J C H
Default To Pre order wine packages, or buy alcohol drinks 1 x 1..?

Is it good to go on the ship having some things paid off already and about the whole alcohol issue/ .Pre-paying for a wine service ro buying drinks 1 x 1...what makes sense? Also, are these shore excursions really worth their money....? Any thoughts on this...please?
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Admiral

You can pre order bottles of wine. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...s?catCode=WINE or they have different wine and dine packages. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...catCode=WINDIN
Here is the general site it shows gifts you can buy. You can only pre order wine from Royal no hard liquor or beer. I think they have specials on beer once you board.
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftca...Nu6N:12hbiocus

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to J C H Send a message via MSN to J C H Send a message via Yahoo to J C H
Default I understand how to order, its more... why would I, etc..?

HI again catlady and whomever else wishes to respond. My question is more about what is the smarter and more social thing to do. 5 days is not a lot of time and if I am away on 2 shore excursions, then maybe I should NOT per-order wine. Yet, I have this feeling I may want to share a glass of wine with someone at my table ro let them try 1 of my bottles. Is there a big price difference in buying wine on board vs. pre-ordering. Also if they only have beer special on board then why are people seeking on booze all the time? So, any thoughts or feedback on that please? BTW, I am not a huge drinker but I have a feeling I will want to splurge a bit and have a little more because I am not driving and on holiday, right? I wait your responses, thanks.
Old December 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
First Mate

You can pre-order a bottle of wine for your cabin so you can have a little taste on sail away.....no discount . you can order a bottle of wine any night from your waiter......no discount. You can order one of the wine and dine packages online or the day you board....a small savings over the wine list at dinner.
Old December 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Familiar Face

We preorder wine for the dinning room. You can take the open bottle back to your cabin after dinner if you wish. On the last night, after dinner, you can take your unused, unopened bottles with you. Once I had a couple of extras on my package. I got them as bottles of sparkling wine the last night and took them over to the Schooner Bar to give to my favorite bartenders as tips.

Carnival Magic - 8/26/2012
Carnival Breeze - 1/19/2013

Conquest - 2011, Oasis B2B - 2011
Conquest-2010, Ecstasy-2010, Conquest-2009,
Ecstasy-2009, Brilliance-2008, Miracle-2007,
Conquest-2006, Rhapsody-2005, Vision - 2003,
Rhapsody-2002, Inspiration-2001, Jubilee-1999
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Cruise Cat, I love your avitar! Bob
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: To Pre order wine packages, or buy alcohol drinks 1 x 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C H
Also, are these shore excursions really worth their money....? Any thoughts on this...please?
Depends on the individual person. Yes you can save money, sometimes alot, by booking on your own. However by booking through the cruiseline you get the guarentee that the ship will not leave you in port and will refund your money if your excursion is cancelled. I personally book through the ship most of the time so I'll have that extra protection.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Passenger

If you drink wine yes the packages are worth it. Soda if you drink that much soda yes then they are worth it. One time we got one soda package and both drank from it. My husband would get a drink and then go back and get another one for me.
The advantage of side trips even though they are pricey is that if they are late for some reason like flat tires or whatever the ship will wait for you. If you are on a private tour you might have to get to the next destination yourself which could be very costly. They make their money on side trips and alcohol. The cruise itself is usually very inexpensive.