Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Default Bayonne Cape Liberty Cruise Embark Park Question

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

We have never sailed out of Cape Liberty.,,,1st time will be on 11 Jan 09. We will be driving to the Port. Is the Parking Area near the Check in Terminal? Is it set up so that we can drive into the baggage drop off area, check bags and then park? Any info about leaving out of this port would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Rick,

We've never parked there, but we've sailed from Bayonne twice with a third time coming up this June. What I've observed most people do is to drop off the luggage at the drop off point in front of the terminal area, then circle back around and park the car. It's my understanding there is now shuttle service from the parking areas to the terminal and it's become from what I've read on the boards, more convenient. I would recommend if our experiences are the norm, to arrive around Noon or a little after as that gives the departing passengers sufficient time to clear the area thereby precluding severe traffic back ups.

Hope someone with far more experience in actually parking at Bayonne than I answers your post. 'Til then, I hope this info helps to some degree.

Todd
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
Rick,

We've never parked there, but we've sailed from Bayonne twice with a third time coming up this June. What I've observed most people do is to drop off the luggage at the drop off point in front of the terminal area, then circle back around and park the car. It's my understanding there is now shuttle service from the parking areas to the terminal and it's become from what I've read on the boards, more convenient. I would recommend if our experiences are the norm, to arrive around Noon or a little after as that gives the departing passengers sufficient time to clear the area thereby precluding severe traffic back ups.

Hope someone with far more experience in actually parking at Bayonne than I answers your post. 'Til then, I hope this info helps to some degree.

Todd
Thanks Todd!
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yeah, you can drive close to the terminal, drop off your bags with who ever you are traveling with and then you drive to park your car in parkng lot right next to terminal. Someone will tell you where to park.

I was there in '06... not sure if anything has changed. We are going on Explorer in August 09 out of Bayonne again!

Explorer of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas