Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Passenger

Default formal night on 4 day Bahama cruise?

Just wondering if there is a formal night when going on the shorter 4 day cruise? We have been on 7 day or longer cruises so not sure if they include a formal night on a shorter cruise. Also has anyone found that you can get a city tour in Nassau (not booked with the ship excursion) after docking? We ususally just find an excursion after we get off the ship but this time there will be 6 of us together with a couple of the group not being able to walk long distances. Any info would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Passenger

Default 4 day cruise and Nassau

There will be one "formal" night on a 4 day cruise. As for touring Nassau, with 6 people you can hire your own car (either a stretch limo or van) with a driver/tour guide right at the pier! They will be lined up as you get off the ship offering their services. Find one you can understand, and negotiate the price in advance. A fair price would be around 1/2 of what the ship tour would be for 6 people!
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

I found that when I did the 4 day/3night Bahama cruise, alot of people didn't really get 'dressed up'. I was suprised. Alot of women just had pants on... not dresses. But I just did the 5 day/4 night Bahama cruise in July and everyone was dressed to the nines! It was really nice to see everyone dressed up!

When you get to Nassau, you will be bombarded with people asking you if you need a taxi or tour or whatever. Be prepared because they can pressure you a little! We ended up taking the ferry over to Paradise Island... never again. Took a little taxi bus back to ship.

Have fun!

Explorer of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Was wondering what was the problem with the water taxi? I have taken that to Paradise Island many times with no problems. Bob
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Was wondering what was the problem with the water taxi? I have taken that to Paradise Island many times with no problems. Bob
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Sorry about the double post.
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Passenger

I have a feeling that with the extra charges that airlines are adding for check-in luggage (U.S. Air charges $15 for the 1st bag, $25 for the 2nd, and $100 for the 3rd, not to mention additional curbside check in fees) passengers are taking a lot less clothing with them on cruises. The 1st clothing to be left out is usually the formal attire, which has limited use, and takes up a lot of luggage space! As a youngster back in the 50s and early 60s I have pictures of most male airline passengers wearing a tie and jacket when traveling by plane. Today, the most common wardrobe is a tee shirt and shorts! Dress standards are changing! Won't be long until shorts are acceptable in the dining room in the evening! Too bad!!!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

on the second night.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

ragtiki2005: When we got on the water taxi, it was already full and there was no place to sit. We had to squeeze in seperately wherever we could find a spot. Then... the guy had about 20 more people squeeze in. We were packed like sardines and some had to stand. It had to be over 100 that day and everyone was sweating and miserable. The ferry was rocking back and forth. Now I can see how those things can tip over. Never again. For $1 more per person, we could've taken an air conditioned taxi!

Explorer of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Thanks ILOVE. I see you live in CT. I live in Trumbull. Bob
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Bob - Yeah... it wasn't fun!

I live in North Haven!

Explorer of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM