CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Rebate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/359616-rebate.html)

earl December 30th, 2008 10:42 PM

Rebate

I recieved a E-mail from My TA today. RCCL knock off $400.00
from the price of my cruise for feb. 20 2009 , Jewel of the Seas.
they have knock off $1200.00 SO FAR. This is the first time I have
never recieve a discount. Is this common with RCCL. I have a new TA
Is MY TA honest or is my old TA keeping the discounts for herself!!!

thecruisequeen December 30th, 2008 10:53 PM

I don't know of any rebates or discounts after someone books. :-?

Sounds like to me your cruise rate went down and your TA is on top of things. Usually the cruiser has to keep track of any rate drop and call their TA to get the difference credited.
Royal is excellent when it comes to rate drops and getting a credit (not OBC) even after final payment is made.

That is a big reduction!! Enjoy your cruise! 8) 8)

Donna December 31st, 2008 08:48 AM

Sounds to me like, you have a good travel agent, good for you. I always say, its best to book with a travel agent.

earl January 3rd, 2009 09:39 PM

Thanks!!! Its always nice to get a rebate!!!!

ChristinaLVT January 8th, 2009 12:28 PM

Some of it might be the fuel surcharge rebate. I got mine as onboard credit because I had already made the final payment, but thats ok, it will be used.

cranejwr January 9th, 2009 07:19 PM

OBC

I read on the RCCL web site about the OBC for the fuel charge. I have $100 OBC because of the date I booked the cruise and paid the fuel charge. How will I know about the OBC. GF paid for her cruise separtly and I didn't know if the $100 would be split between the 2 of us or will it just be on my seapass card because I made the reservations? Thanks for any input.
Liberty of the Seas here I come!
It seems like it is getting close and yet so far away. I am getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it!
Jeanne

ChristinaLVT January 9th, 2009 10:29 PM

I think the OBC is per cabin, mine was. I booked two cabins and got $140 for one and $175 for the other (it also depends on how many people in each cabin).

addicted2 January 17th, 2009 12:47 PM

We had on OBC for the fuel charge on our cruise last week on the Monarch because it was already paid in full when the change was made. However our cuise for the end of March had the fuel charge removed but the amount reduced didn't seem right so I called RCL and we had an additional $10 per person adjustment for some type of tax rebate they had and since our payment went down $40 I didn't ask to many questions just told them thanks for saving us money. Maybe you had a similar rebate on your cruise too.