Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to inspired by truth Send a message via MSN to inspired by truth Send a message via Yahoo to inspired by truth
Default When to embark, how does it work - best time?

When should I arrive, as the ship departs at 5PM from Tampa....for a 1st timer (with no priority pass), when should I arrive at the pier/port - when is it possible that I may get on my ship? Just curios what people think is the best time to get there and get on board? Also, do you go t your room and settle in, or what? Can someone explain this, thanks?
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:08 AM
Captain

Default Embarkation

The cruise line will tell you to arrive at 1:00 p. m., but LOTS of people are there around 11:00 - 12:00, and are on the ship within a few minutes. We normally arrive about 11:30 - 12:00. I wouldn't be concerned about not having priority boarding - there are usually lots of RCI employees at registration, and the check-in process goes pretty quickly. Just be sure you have all your required documentation completed, and your passport available. You can check-in online, and print your SetSail pass and bring it with you.

You can't get to your cabin until 1:00 p. m., so in the meantime you can go to the Windjammer for lunch (they probably open at 11:30, but it may vary slightly by ship).

After lunch you are free to wander the ship, but as I said above, you can't get down the cabin corridors until around 1:00.

Since you can't get to your cabin until 1:00, many people don't get to the ship until about that time. Having said that, there's probably people at the pier at 10:00 a. m. so they can stand in line and wait .

Have a great cruise!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just an FYI, be sure to enter all your information online prior to your cruise. It really speeds up the embarkment process and gets you on the ship quicker.

Have a great cruise and hoping for nice weather.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
First Mate

Default Get There Early

We always get there at 11:00 or so. Never takes long to get on. First thing we do is go to formal dinning room to check out table to see if large or small. If real large we change to a more manageable size. Also, best time to explore ship and get those pictures of various locations out of the way before all on board. After 1:00 you can get to your room, put up the items in your luggage if there soon after you arrive. Come 3:00 or so, you have seen the ship, put up your belongings and just ready to start relaxing while others our just getting there.
Old January 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
First Mate

We always arrive at 11:30 and we are on the ship within 30 minutes or so.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Passenger

Default Where to take luggage once we reach the pier?

This is good to know as our flight will arrive in Miami around 8:30.We will get out luggage and then report to the RCCL rep to take us to the ship. Where are the reps located? Then we go to pier and do we get out luggage and take it to a different location for them to take it to our cabin?Not sure how this all works. I am sure we can follow the crowd, but being less than 5ft tall it is hard to see something I should be paying attention to. Any help here please. After luggage is taken care of then I understand we go to the main doors. After that we go to the lines with the Letters starting with our last name. Sea pass, boarding pass, Passport, Photo ID ,credit card all need to be handy. So I have that taken care of. Carry on bag with swim suit, meds, and things such as this because luggage may not arrive until after dinner. Any more information I need to know about? I would be so gradful to any replies. Anyone sailing LOTS on 3/21/2009 Western Caribbean.
Jeanne

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Admiral

Jeanne, usually the cruise reps will be standing right near the baggage carousel with a clipboard in hand. From there it is easy. Bob