Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Passenger

Default Mystery Dinner Liberty OTS? Do they or don't they

Just wondering if anyone knows if they have the Mystery Dinner on the LOTS? We would like to do this but we can't book it on line yet. If you have done this, how did you like it? Thanks for the input. I didn't know if this ship didn't offer it or if we have to wait and make reservations on ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Admiral

I have never done this cruise, but I have looked into it. The murder mystery part is done by Whodunit Production. They do cruises on the FOS and LOS. This looks to be the only 2009 cruise on LOS. When you book be sure to say you want the "MYSTERY ON THE HIGH SEAS" there is an extra charge for this. I will PM you the website. It's a commercial website so I don't want to post it here.

Aug. 29 - Sept. 5, 2009 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas 7 Nights From Miami to Eastern Caribbean.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the web site. I thought it was just a 2 hour dinner thing. I saw it posted on RCCL under speciality restraunts. The cost was $49.95 for a 4 course meal. I tried to sign up for it but it says to check back later. I guess I had a different thing in mind. I would like to do it. It sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks again!
Jeanne

Old January 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Admiral

We've done the MMD twice on 2 different ships, Radiance and the Jewel 3 months ago. The actors were the singers and dancers from the ships production crew. It was entertaining and wonderful food. We had a choice between 2 entrees and the charge was $45, tip included. Also included is all the house wine you could drink. There was bar service available if you wanted something else. Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Well now I think these are two different things. The website and information I provided was for a theme cruise, which is the whole cruise.

However, RCCL also does a Mystery Dinner Theater on ships with Portofino Restaurant with an itinerary of 7 days or more.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...tId=336&pnav=5
From the FAQs: How long is Mystery Dinner Theater? Please allow three hours for dining experience. Please plan on being seated with other groups or guests. What are the hours for Mystery Dinner Theater? Event begins at 7:00 p.m. Hours may vary according to the ship and itinerary.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:18 PM
First Mate

What CA CRUISER discribed is exactly what it is. I have done them on the Radiance class ships, but three times on the Freedom class ships, I have yet to find one. There is some confusion now because they are offering the option on the website which can not be booked until a few weeks before the cruise. I always go to Portofinos as soon as I board and ask.
Old January 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
First Mate

We did the Mystery Dinner on the Voyager and it was fantastic. We had to wait until we boarded the ship to make reservations for it.

Kathy
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks

Thanks Kathy, we have $120 each on board credit and was hoping to use this for the Mystery Dinner and a few other things, maybe Chops or add it towards a Massage. It won't be long now! Flying to Jacksonville for a week before cruise. GF that is going with me lives there. Have done most of my shopping and have paid for our shore excursions. YeaH!
Jeanne