Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Beginner

Default Great Excursions?

We are leaving in a week for Cozumel and Belize...as always, I have a heck of a time deciding what excursions to take. Are there any suggestions for snorkeling, site seeing, moderate activity level activities. We don't have children going with us. We are open to most everything, seeing the ruins sounds like a great time, but I worry about broken down buses, etc causing me to be late to get back on the ship. Is this a needless worry? Let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Captain

Default Excursions

On one trip to Belize, we took a kayak trip down the Belize River. We booked through a local company, but I don't remember which one.

As for Cozumel, there are lots of nice beaches, plus the nearby ruins.

If you're concerned about getting left behind because of a breakdown, then book your excursions through the ship. They won't leave you behind. That's not the case if you book on your own through a local company.
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

in cozumel I would recommend Passion Island. The beach is fabulous and food and drinks included. You will still have plenty of time to shop and things like that afterward. I have never been to Belize but I have heard that it is one of the best places to snorkel.
Mariner of the seas 2008
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Ditto the post on Passion Island. If you have a full day you might consider Xcaret (via ferry to Playa del Carman). Belize is a world class snorkel destination. Also we did a river cruise that was interesting and scenic.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'l figure out something fun....Passion Island was on the list prior to my post, so I think it's been bumped up to a sure thing.

Subtropic....anything you can tell me about the Navigator?? I've been on two cruises, but both with Celebrity and no experience on Royal's ships at all. Tks!
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Belize and Cozumel tours

In Belize we have taken two great tours, it really depends on your interests . We have done X-Stream Cave Tubing and we have also gone on the Lamanai Mayan Ruins Adventure. The Lamanai tour was incredible, its a little far but you go by van and then by boat up a river which is amazing, crocodiles and eagles(maybe hawks, but big birds!) The site was deep in the jungle and there were a family of howler monkeys sleeping in the trees above. We climbed to the top of the temple, stunning!

The Cave tubing is unique and beautiful too, you walk alone the edge of the river through the rain forest and then tube back through huge caves and incredible rock formations.

In Cozumel we really like Nachi Cocom beach and we have also done the ATV Jungle tour which was really a lot of fun but a most serious ride!