Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Beginner

Default Room Service

My wife and I have cruised several times with RCI, however we still have a couple room service questions:

1) Full Menu
*Does anyone know if it is possible to order from the full dinning room menu? We have found that typically only a subset of the menu is shown on the TV.

2) Tipping
*We are still confused by this. We typically give $2-$3 per delivery. I am ok with this and I am not trying to be cheap, but it seems high in comparison to the suggested $3.50 per day for the dinning room waiter (we have always left more). Can anyone share their thougths? The new $3.95 (late night charge) got me thinking about this (since it includes tip - how much do you think goes to the server).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, you can get regular dinner items for room service...

As for the tipping, the people that bring the room service meals are not the same that work in the dining room, so the extra tips are welcome. Its your choice not to eat in the dining room that evening. If ever you know the previous evening, its always nice to let the dining room staff know that you will not be there the following evening.

Happy cruising!

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Room Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusin'Simba
My wife and I have cruised several times with RCI, however we still have a couple room service questions:

1) Full Menu
*Does anyone know if it is possible to order from the full dinning room menu? We have found that typically only a subset of the menu is shown on the TV.

2) Tipping
*We are still confused by this. We typically give $2-$3 per delivery. I am ok with this and I am not trying to be cheap, but it seems high in comparison to the suggested $3.50 per day for the dinning room waiter (we have always left more). Can anyone share their thougths? The new $3.95 (late night charge) got me thinking about this (since it includes tip - how much do you think goes to the server).

Thanks
what is the new $3.95 late night charge???
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Room Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefarl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusin'Simba

1) Full Menu

2) Tipping

Thanks
what is the new $3.95 late night charge???
The new $ 3.95 late night charge is for order room service after 12 am to 5 am. The late night charge includes the tip
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Passenger

I was told that the grand suites and up can order food from the dinning room anytime but jr and below has to take what is on the room service menu ( sandwiches and cold foods)
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just off the IOS and I was told if you make arrangements with the Head waiter you can order off the regular menu.