Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Default 17-Night Circumnavigation of Australia- Port Moresby

I'm taking the above cruise this 24-Feb. Can someone advice me of the followings,

1. What is the itinerary for Port Moresby?

2. Do I need to apply for a visa during the cruise visit at Port Moresby?

Thank-you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Passenger

Hi Chano... we are doing the same cruise, i've checked out the online RCCL Shore & Land Excursions but nothing shows for Port Moresby (read something a while back about not being too safe a place but if that's the case RCCL will not dock there, so who knows??) also had a look at 'Trip Advisor' and they say if you arrive by sea i.e. Cruise Ship there is a Customs Fee to pay which equates to about $40 US dollars, so if anyone had additional info please let us know.
cheers
BJ

Old January 29th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Beginner

Thanks Fhorchu.........it's 26 days to go and the itinerary for Port Moresby's not confirmed.........

Yeah, will someone from RCCL shed some light on this?

Please..............
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Beginner

Hi,

Did you enjoyed the cruise? I'm very dissapointed that all the excursions for Port Moresby were fully booked. But, another couple and us did ventured out on our own for a taxi trip around town as well as the Parliament House and Museum in spite of being 'warned' by Carly B that it was 'unsafe'.
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Hi Chano

Apologies for taking so long in replying, yes we enjoyed our trip, really enjoyed the lectures by Mark Day - very interesting... Port Moresby was an eye opener... wanted to take lots of photographs but felt it was an intrusion into the privacy and poverty of the locals so didnt take many...

Hubby renamed Rhapsody of the Seas as Vibrator of the Seas, luckily our suite 8512 wasn't too bad - unlike unfortunate passengers aft midships!!

Favourite Port was Albany with Melbourne a close second.

Now back home in Scotland and looking at Celebrity Cruises to Galapagos...