Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Passenger

Default Can children attend formal nights at early dining?

Hi

We are trying to plan outfits for our cruise in March (7 weeks away but i like to be organised!) and wanted to know if the children would be able to attend the formal nights with us?

We have early dining marked on our reservation (the kids wouldn't make it to 8.30pm for dinner!) and wondered if they could get dressed up and come along as it was early?

Any help would be great

Many thanks
Hannah
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Hannah,
Of course the kids can eat with you on formal evening and any other evening. There are usually more kids at the early seating rather than the late. Its fun for the whole family.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Can children attend formal nights at early dining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhannah
Hi

We are trying to plan outfits for our cruise in March (7 weeks away but i like to be organized!) and wanted to know if the children would be able to attend the formal nights with us?

We have early dining marked on our reservation (the kids wouldn't make it to 8.30pm for dinner!) and wondered if they could get dressed up and come along as it was early?

Any help would be great

Many thanks
Hannah
Of course Hannah, the children are welcome ! As to your question about what the children wear, you be the arbiter of that! If you and your husband enjoy formal attire, than by all means encourage and share that enjoyment with your children. My DW and I enjoy watching a family that dine together on formal evening, all appropriately attired and experiencing a touch of "classic grace" in our modern world. It is reminiscent of days gone by when the great liners crossed the seas. (At least for me )
And appropriate attire does not necessitate formal tux and ball gown. We have seen many families elegantly and tastefully dressed with the men in suits and the women in lovely dresses. On our last cruise I was approached by two lovely young children elegantly attired who politely inquired as to manner of my dress. I wear the full, formal military Mess Dress Uniform and was happy to answer their questions and receive their compliments. And I enjoyed complimenting them, and their parents, on how elegant they all looked. Plus, the on board photographer will love enticing you to part with your $$$ for a wonderful family portrait

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Passenger

My kids love the formal dining night. They feel like they get to act like grown -ups. These are our daughters favorite nights!
Old January 24th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Admiral

I think it is great that your wear your military uniform during the formal night. We are very proud that you have served our country with pride. Bob
Old January 24th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

My girls, who were 12, 14 and 16, LOVED the formal dinners!
I would post a picture of them here....but doggone if I can remember how to do that.

Hint, hint: You'd think they'd make that easier! :P[/img]
Costa cruise in 1989
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well dressed youngsters are always welcome, and will get many great comments I can bet.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 25th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the help. The kids will be so excited about dressing up!