CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Diamond member on Celebrity??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/360613-diamond-member-celebrity.html)

Lou January 24th, 2009 09:10 AM

Diamond member on Celebrity???

We just booked a last minute quickie cruise on the Century for
Feb. 19th. We're Diamond members on RCI and are told that
we'll be the same level on Celebirty....we are past Captain's
Club members on Celebrity.

What if any, are the perks on Celebrity for their Elite
status, for which we now qualify. I'm pretty sure there is
not a concierge lounge.

Snoozeman January 24th, 2009 03:20 PM

Re: Diamond member on Celebrity???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou

not a concierge lounge.

I know the past guest pricing is transferable. I'm not sure the benefit status is transferable. I didn't think so, but not sure. Let us know how it turns out.

Kuki January 24th, 2009 03:28 PM

Re: Diamond member on Celebrity???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou

not a concierge lounge.

Here's a link to the perks for Elite members
http://www.celebritycruises.com/capt...rship_benefits

On Celebrity and RCI you are considered to be member's of the repeater's club equivalent to highest level you are already on the other line. So, yes, if you're Diamond on RCI, you'll be Elite on Celebrity... with those perks.

And you're right, Celebrity does not have Concierge Lounges, like on some RCI Ships.

Snoozeman January 24th, 2009 03:41 PM

Good to know if an X ever come to Galveston. :)

elf January 25th, 2009 08:21 PM

Hello Fellowcruisers,

I have booked my first cruise on Celebrity in 2010 and was told by my t.a from RCCL that you have to be at least a Diamond Plus member on RCCL to be equal with Celebrity even if you have never cruised on Celebrity cruiselines.

Please check with your travel agent or Celebrity on this....

elf

Robbie H January 25th, 2009 08:27 PM

Unless something drastic has changed, you DO get equal status and no need to ask a T/A since it is right on their website. And I swear I would do Celebrity again but MAN do I love the concierge lounges!

CruiseDave January 26th, 2009 11:44 AM

I think you need to be a minimum of a Platinum member (5 points) on RCI to get equal status on Celebrity. RCI gold memebers do not get any credit on Celebrity for their RCI cruises

woody197 January 28th, 2009 09:55 AM

Robbie, what do the concierge lounges include? Going on first cruise as a diamond member, always seen the lounge and never been in....any free drinks?

bgsimp January 28th, 2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody197
Robbie, what do the concierge lounges include? Going on first cruise as a diamond member, always seen the lounge and never been in....any free drinks?

Yes, you get free drinks from 5:00 - 8:30. You can have pop, beer, wine & mixed drinks. They don't have frozen drinks or things like that. They have nice canapes cheeses, etc. They don't let you take drinks out of the lounge. You usually meet some nice people in there. We really enjoy it.
There is also a Concierge that can help you with many things including specialty restaurant reservations, etc. During the morning they have continental breakfast & coffee.
A tip for them at the end of the cruises is good. They always have very good servers in there !

Robbie H January 28th, 2009 02:01 PM

PLENTY of free drinks! Finger foods to go along with that (during the 1700-2030 time frame) and they have a continental breakfast set-up in the morning. The majority of the concierge staff have been great, especially because it has grown into a big headache from a logistics standpoint. Too many of us! We were just on the "Indy" and that class has a "Diamond Lounge" in addition to the "Concierge Lounge" (so Diamonds don't go to same lounge as suite guests). IMHO it is nice to see "RCI" be responsive to the problem. We have been (and are going again) on "Member" cruises where even two lounges are packed. But we love the perk, even though we hardly drink, and it is a great place to meet folks with the same passion for cruising.