Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Passenger

Default Budget for Freedom Cruise ?

HI Everyone, my hubby and I will be on the Freedom of the Seas on the Sept 6 sailing out of PT Canaveral to the Eastern Carb. We are celebratingour 25th wedding anniversary and are trying to plan for the budget as we are also doing Disney World when we retrun from the cruise for 4 days. We were wondering what the average amount of money we should budget for exclusing the excursions as we already have those covered. We are not big drinkers but usually drink 2 drinks a piece each day and are interested in both Portafinos and Chops. We have planned on 200 dollars a day including excursions, is this about right? Any input would be helpful. Also does anyone know if Richard Spacey will be the CD during this trip? We have read so much about him.

Thanks for your help,
Debs6475
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I got married on Freedom about a year ago, and for SURE I would plan ahead for Chops. Portofino was ok, but if I could do it again, i'd go to Chops twice. If you're not big gamblers, $200 a day should be good enough to cover some trinkets, bingo, and other shipboard activities.

Disneyworld after you get back?? Sounds like fun!!
Voyager - 03/09
Freedom - 10/07
Rhapsody - 08/06
Rhapsody - 07/03
Navigator - 03/03
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Bring alot of money!!!!!!!!!! Disney World will cost more than the cruise. I have a better idea. Get off of the Freedom and hop on the Monarch for 3-4 days instead of going to Disney!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Admiral

I second DTW's suggestion (having done the former once-with kids)
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Dave, is the Tampa area hopping yet for the big game on Sunday? Any plans for the game? Are tickets available and are you or friends going? I see 68 degree weather down there for Sunday. Go to the SuperBowl and wear the speedo. Bob
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Dave, is the Tampa area hopping yet for the big game on Sunday? Any plans for the game? Are tickets available and are you or friends going? I see 68 degree weather down there for Sunday. Go to the SuperBowl and wear the speedo. Bob
Bob, I will not be attending the game. I heard on the news last night tickets are selling much less than last year at only $2500. For $2500 I would go on a cruise for a week before I go to a three hour game with two teams I don't care about.

I will be taking the Minnow of the Seas on a day cruise, then watching the game on TV somewhere.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Admiral

Dave, any good Superbowl parties in your area that you know about? Have a good time on the Minnow of the Seas on Sunday. Hope the weather is good. Bob
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think your budget of $200 a day will work just fine...You can monitor your account through your TV daily to keep track of the charges...Most of the time, I pre-book excursions and they are paid for before the cruise, so thats one expense I don't have to worry about.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Passenger

When we have cruised we usually end up spending about the same amount as the cruise initially cost. We just returned from a Freedom of the Seas cruise and spent slightly less as my husband contracted the virus on the ship...so not nearly as much drinking or shopping and we did not go on a couple of our excursions.

Wash your hands frequently and never pass on the opportunity to use the hand sanitizer that is offered! Enough people were sick that the CDC met us at the dock when we returned.
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks for the info

Sorry to hear about he sickness. I sure hope we stay healthy on our trip, we are looking so forward to the trip as I have dreamed about getting on this ship. I am a nurse in a long term care center so I am always washing my hands and I always carry hand sanitizer, so maybe all will be well. Thanks for all the good tips, the only excursion we have planned is the Dolphin Trip in St. Thomas, the rest we will do on our own, just beaches and shopping. We do however gamble a little but I have told my DH that he has a budget this time so maybe he will comply.
Thanks Again,
Deb123