Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Passenger

Default Alaska-Rhapsody of the Seas-June 5, 2009

We are booked on the Rhapsody for the Inside Passage of Alaska on June 5, 2009. R/T Seattle. Is there anyone else on this cruise? Extremely excited about this cruise as it is our first Alaska cruise and our sixth cruise overall.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Alaska-Rhapsody of the Seas-June 5, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by peery4
We are booked on the Rhapsody for the Inside Passage of Alaska on June 5, 2009. R/T Seattle. Is there anyone else on this cruise? Extremely excited about this cruise as it is our first Alaska cruise and our sixth cruise overall.
Yes, my husband and I will be on this cruise. We're also very excited about it. We've been on one other Alaskan cruise but that was in 1997. We've always wanted to go back.

I think you'll love Alaska. It's like walking into the pages of National Geographic magazine. The natural beauty is awe inspiring.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

My wife and I just completed a cruise between Australia and New Zealand on the Rhapsody. Although we have been on several other Royal C. cruises, we were EXTREMELY disappointed with the food on this particular cruise. All fish dishes were dry and tasteless. All meat dishes were tough and chewy. All pasta dishes were overcooked and sauces were tasteless. It didn't matter whether you were in the dining room or in the Windjammer lounge. It was all barely edible. The last evening was so bad, we simply skipped dinner altogether. I have been told that this could have been a problem with the chef. I don't know who ours was but hopefully you will have a different one when the ship repositions to Alaska for the summer.