CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Oasis Of The Seas questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/361642-oasis-seas-questions.html)

corky700 February 20th, 2009 12:30 PM

Oasis Of The Seas questions

Usually cruise Carnival and I am looking into the "Oasis of the Seas" and had some questions.
- Are there additional charges for ZipLine, Aqua Theater shows, Ice Skating, Specialty restaurants etc. ?
- Are there shows in the theater every night - Brochure said 3 shows week but I question that as teh theater only holds 1200 people (5400 guests total).
- Are there charges for children in the Kids clubs ?

Ship Looks very unique and there seems to be nothing like it at this time !!!

Thanks,

Surfguyxxx1 February 21st, 2009 07:52 AM

Hi there,

According to the cruise agent when I booked my cruise, there will be no charge for the zip or Aqua theater shows. As with ice skating on previous cruises, there is no charge.
There are usually large production shows, no charge, 3 nights, but there is also comedy, maybe a magician etc. to fill up the other nights. At 2 shows a night, that 2500 guests that can be accomodated.
Since I don't have kids I'm not sure about that one but have never heard of a charge.
I am going on the Inaugrial curise 12/05 and will let you know more afterwards.
Steve

Matelot February 21st, 2009 06:12 PM

The only thing you mentioned that has an additional charge is the Specialty Restaurants

smithma1 February 26th, 2009 10:38 PM

I have read that if you go ice-skating you are required to wear long pants.
You may want to pack a pair of jeans for the kids.

debbie_lovescruising@.com March 28th, 2009 02:19 PM

My travel agent didnt know anything. wish iI would not have booked with them.

Gwynne March 28th, 2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbie_lovescruising@.com

That's the reason you have this forum, so all the knowledgeable folks can answer your questions. LOL

Who needs a TA :wink:

I love coming here and getting good info. Thanks guys.

ready2gonow March 28th, 2009 05:24 PM

With the children's program, there only time there is a charge, is after regular hours. On our last RC cruise in January, my granddaughter was never ready to leave at 9:00 pm, so my DS and DIL would let her stay for another hour or so. I'm not sure of the cost.

Manuel March 28th, 2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbie_lovescruising@.com

I would change to another travel agent in the future.

TM

Snoozeman March 28th, 2009 07:27 PM

Very true & Welcome to Crusiemates SmithMa :) I couldn't skate my first time as my only long pants were my dining room pants.

So true Gwynne.

debbie_lovescruising@.com April 5th, 2009 02:52 PM

manuel.. Gwynne. I plan on changing to a new agent. I will do some investigating the next time. also i love ice skating. been doing it for fun for 8 years here and there of course. I just hope I can remember to bring long pants. It will be hard to pack for hot spots and think of a cold icerink at the same time, we will be sailing( my sister and I ) on the oasis of the seas in january. can't wait. LOL LOL thanks for all the advise from everyone on these boards. They do held. 8)

Robbie H April 5th, 2009 07:06 PM

At least hit the T/A up for a brochure! Even though you can find it online, I still like having the drool book for myself and my customers ;>)