Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Well the Royal Champion program is dead-but the cheerleaders are still alive, but so are the cheerleaders on the Holland America board. I am well aware of the HAL cheerleaders right now, since that is my next cruise, I have been on that board a lot. I really do not think anything can get rid of the cheerleaders-hopefully we are all savvy enough now to recognize a cheerleader post, and discount it. I also discount the "hater" posts.
YOu are on the cruise before us on the Zuiderdam. We go on Jan. 12th. If you think the RCL Champs are gone - not really - just being a bit quieter and of course, they've removed their moniker. I also read this morning that a couple of them have formed their own board. (Don't ask me anything more cause I don't know anything more.)

I've been reading the HAL board and thought they were a bit more civilized that the RCL board but maybe I haven't read enough. Right now I'm trying to read on this ship in particular.

Are you reading the same rudeness that appears in so many posts on the RCL board - because I really haven't.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband noticed a trend, all the invites to the Oasis ( excluding travel agents) are former Royal Champions including a minor.

I can understand a professional travel agent, web master, or Journalist getting an invite. I also can understand people who have been loyal to cruise line. But is seems like Royal is back to their old tricks
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalchump
My husband noticed a trend, all the invites to the Oasis ( excluding travel agents) are former Royal Champions including a minor.

I can understand a professional travel agent, web master, or Journalist getting an invite. I also can understand people who have been loyal to cruise line. But is seems like Royal is back to their old tricks
And the beat goes on.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:

I'm certainly not surprised by that. Just because they've had to go underground doesn't mean they've quit. It really means you have to take everything they say over there with a huge grain of salt. Heck - a bucket of salt.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Well the Royal Champion program is dead-but the cheerleaders are still alive, but so are the cheerleaders on the Holland America board. I am well aware of the HAL cheerleaders right now, since that is my next cruise, I have been on that board a lot. I really do not think anything can get rid of the cheerleaders-hopefully we are all savvy enough now to recognize a cheerleader post, and discount it. I also discount the "hater" posts.
You must have meant on this board. I just took a look at the HAL board. WOW - they are really cheerleaders - some very nasty people there.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:
YOu are on the cruise before us on the Zuiderdam. We go on Jan. 12th. If you think the RCL Champs are gone - not really - just being a bit quieter and of course, they've removed their moniker. I also read this morning that a couple of them have formed their own board. (Don't ask me anything more cause I don't know anything more.)

I've been reading the HAL board and thought they were a bit more civilized that the RCL board but maybe I haven't read enough. Right now I'm trying to read on this ship in particular.

Are you reading the same rudeness that appears in so many posts on the RCL board - because I really haven't.
Felix, I rarely go to the RCI board. That was where I was when I got banned for getting into a fuss. Yep they are terrible-I did not mean they were not-I just meant there also are ones that are "brand prejudiced" on HAL.

Actually the worst board for cheerleaders and haters getting into fusses on CC it seems, is NCL-more threads are locked there than anywhere else. I do try to defend the lies over there-whether it comes from a cheerleader or a hater. I guess though I am better at staying "neutral" on the NCL board. I don't get into fusses over there. !

I noticed my cruise has gone up $400 in price. I was afraid after final payment it would go down-but that did not happen-it must be about sold out.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Critter chick. Tell me about Radiance of the seas. I am thinking of booking a 5 day on them next year.

Could you compare that ship to Mariner of the seas. I would like to know the differences.

I have now achieved-
146 days total
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Critter chick. Tell me about Radiance of the seas. I am thinking of booking a 5 day on them next year.

Could you compare that ship to Mariner of the seas. I would like to know the differences.
I know yoy arnt addressing this to me, but we've done the Radiance, Serenade twice, Brilliance twice. I think these are the best ships afloat of RCL. The size is perfect - all the glass and ability to see outside so much.

They don't have the shopping mall. They are much more intimate in size and I just find them friendlier ships.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:

I know yoy arnt addressing this to me, but we've done the Radiance, Serenade twice, Brilliance twice. I think these are the best ships afloat of RCL. The size is perfect - all the glass and ability to see outside so much.

They don't have the shopping mall. They are much more intimate in size and I just find them friendlier ships.
That is fine-I did not like the congestion around the RP-I won't miss that.

I have now achieved-
146 days total
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Admiral

If you thought things may be calming down on the dark side, think again. "they" have been pounding on a member all day over there.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Critterchick - your "friends" are beating on you over there because you didn't agree with the rat pack. So sorry to see that happening.

It's a shame when I poster cannot tell their side of a event without the champions coming out of the woodwork. It's absolutely sickening to watch.

I have to comment on the fact that just because the locked the jail doesn't mean the inmates can't get out. RCL may have discontinued the RC program but the certainly haven't discontinued the members who just won't let go.

How sad - they have no lives except to go after those who don't wear blinkers.

And a TA is being allowed to be part of this mess. Gives all TA's a bad name she does.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:

It's now a covert operation... but no fancy title. I like Operation Imaginary Champions,

As I was saying in another thread just yesterday. For some reason I really don't understand ,ALL the cruise lines have RABID supporters as well as RABID detractors. Generally I think people reading the message boards are bright enough to spot them and ignore the extreme ends of the spectrums.... unless the site attempts to lend weight to the opinions of one or the other extreme.
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:

It's now a covert operation... but no fancy title. I like Operation Imaginary Champions,

As I was saying in another thread just yesterday. For some reason I really don't understand ,ALL the cruise lines have RABID supporters as well as RABID detractors. Generally I think people reading the message boards are bright enough to spot them and ignore the extreme ends of the spectrums.... unless the site attempts to lend weight to the opinions of one or the other extreme.
I do like your choice of words - covert op and Operation Imaginary Champions are kool titles. I promise not to use then anywhere but here though.

I really don't get mixed into the attacks that are back over there. It's a shame it's started again. I would think there is enough problems with the agency that has crashed and their time would be better spent helping those people rather than trying to kill someone with their own opinions on a cruise they took.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

More thread poofing at the dark side.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Admiral

I noticed. They were getting way out of hand. The one who came over here to attack me (and I hadn't even posted on there) was beyond nasty. There just doesn't seem to be any peaceful resolution to the squabbles over there.

It's so hard when your outed - as they've been with their freebee cruise on the Oasis.

But to attack one of your one - wow - that's really over the line.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

All invites that you see posted, perhaps. We have several friends who were never RCs who were invited. DH got the invitation this time, and he's never been an RC. ut I think we qualify as loyal with 85 credits, don't you?

And a few RCs of my acquaintance weren't invited, either.

But now that I've been branded a traitor to the RC cause (I didn't see the posts because the thread was yanked just as I got there, boo hoo), I guess I'm just a pariah everywhere now.....
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

Sorry, I just saw this.

For us, the Radiance class is the best. I was honestly thinking of ditching RCI for Princess and other lines next year, but sailing on Radiance has restored my comfort with the product.

Radiance has most of what Mariner does, with the exception of the ice skating rink and the Royal Promenade. I absolutely, positively LOATHE the promenade concept - it turns a ship into a mall and my attention away from the sea. Not to mention that my favorite venues are crap on the Voyager & Freedom class. Bolero's has a postage-stamp dance floor in the smoking section and has been cut in half by the Promenade. The Champagne Bar is tucked into a corner facing the lifeboats. The Schooner Bar is just an odd space. Yes, I know that all my favorite haunts are bars, .

On a Radiance class ship, you won't find a Bolero's but there's the Colony Club all the way aft with windows facing the wake and lots of comfy chairs to sink into and read (or drink!). The Champagne Bar features floor-to-ceiling windows for watching the world go by - it's an amaziing trip through the Inside Passage in Alaska or the Norwegian fjords. And the Schooner Bar has a great set of windows, too.

I also like the WJ concept better = there's a generous amount of outdoor seating aft so you can take in the wake view while you munch. The Seaview Cafe is a hidden gem up on Deck 12 - no greasy Johnny Rockets aboard! THe Solarium cafe offers crepes, pizza and wraps as well as cookies. The Solarium also has a full retractable roof (it's almost always closed), so in bad weather you can still hang out in there.

The dining room was ok, but we only ate there twice in 10 nights. Chops was sublime, Portofino not - the food was good but the service was too slow - it took 3 hours for us to have a meal there the first time. We gave it another chance and it only took 2, but our waiter talked too much - please just put the food down, make a short, banal comment and leave, please. Don't tell me about your family. My food is getting cold while you yammer because I was taught not to start eating while the server is still there. You get the point....

I have concluded that a ship lacks a soul when it gets to be too big (all that drinking has done things to my brain). On Sovereign, Vision or Radiance class ships, if you're looking for a favorite crewmember, whether it's a cabin steward or bar waiter, the chances are excellent that your own steward or bar waiter will know where he or she is. On Mariner they didn't even know who I was talking about.

The crew on Radiance is top-notch (with a stumble here and there). The music around the ship was fabulous - even those horrid Rosario strings (they called them something else, but it was a violin and a guitar) were pretty decent. We had lots of chances to dance, loved hanging around in the public areas even though we had a GS, and are really looking forward to sailing her again in April (I'm going in 3 weeks but it's a girls' cruise, so DH can't come).

I find Mariner to be a crowded ship, probably because so many people end up on the RP at any given time. Radiance has her bottlenecks, but once you get the hang of the flow, even the Windjammer isn't so bad.

But I'm going on Oasis anyway, just because she's there, DH really wants to see her and I'm not paying for it, . We were originally invited for the 20th but I wasn't going to give up a Radiance sailing for Blunder of the Seas, so we asked C&A if they would let us change dates and they said yes. I have 4 crew friends onboard. I wonder if I'll be able to find any of them?
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Admiral

It sounds good Critterchick. I think I would prefer the Radiance over the Crown princess. Now I just need to convince my daughter. We are taking a short cruise with her next year right before Christmas, as she works in the school system and she has time off then.

Crown Princess is a little 5 day-unusual for them to have a 5 day-the ship only goes to Grand Turk and Princess Cays. Radiance of the Seas would be a 4 day and it only goes to Cozumel. The ports really do not matter, we have been to all, it would be more about taking a cruise with our daughter. Since she can only cruise at times when the prices are up and more expensive, we will only do one with her every other year, and we pick a shorter, less expensive cruise. Our plan is on the alternate year,when we go on our own, to take a longer cruise than 7 day.

Kuki, I always enjoy your reviews. You have been on all the lines and you show no brand preference. I really enjoyed your review a couple of years ago when you compared the Celebrity Constellation to the Carnival Glory, after you cruised them back to back.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with RCI, giving a 1 or 2 night inaugural cruise to loyal customers. What bothers me is CC allowing these people to bully and take over the boards and not allowing others to express their opinion.

I also feel people can express a negative opinion without being ugly about it-but so many people do not know how to do this. I hate posts like "Don't crusie NCL, you will regret it." Or "I will never cruise Carnival again, they are low class." Just simply and politely tell me WHY you were disappointed in your cruise. I am much more apt to believe a person with REAL issues. If they don't have a real issue, I classify them as a "hater."

On the other hand, if a person does have a genuine issue, I hate it when the "cheerleaders" attack him and say he is lying. There is no reason for that.

I have now achieved-
146 days total
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Quote:

I've only noticed one that still has the rc in their sig. But a lot of them have something like"never whined about a party I wasn't invited to"in the sig. So they still like to to stick the knife in and twist. A free cruise is STILL a free cruise.
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouhy
Quote:
Quote:

I've only noticed one that still has the rc in their sig. But a lot of them have something like"never whined about a party I wasn't invited to"in the sig. So they still like to to stick the knife in and twist. A free cruise is STILL a free cruise.
I noticed that too but didn't do the connect. I'm sure you're right though.

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim
Quote:
Well he never bothered me-the few posts I read.

Ephraim, October 25th-right?
We found out a few days ago that we have officially been rescheduled.

HGTV USA has moved us to the 2nd of November at 9:30 Eastern and Pacific.

If someone does watch it, we want to know if the US version mentioned our new B&B.
Hi Ephraim,
I just set my DVR for your Buy Me episode. The description is ...A couple need to sell their B&B within 90 days and at a high asking price...so I'm thinking that is the one! It is on November 2nd.

So I will watch it and report back to you regarding any mention of your new B&B.

Colleen
Closed Thread