Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default European VS Caribbean-Whats the biggest differences?

we're looking into a mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon next july. we can't wait for the new itineraries to be released! we wouldn't do anything smaller than Voyager Class had a few questions...

-what are the biggest differences, besides ports?

-Do the ships still have the same trivia, shows, and games? EX, the quest?

-How do the menu's in the MDR change?

-i'm sure there are many more Europeans onboard, do they tailor to more of there needs?

and again, what is the biggest difference that you noticed..

thank you!
Liberty of the Seas 1/08
Adventure of the Seas 1/09

**Southern Caribbean Honeymoon Cruise, Adventure; January 2011**????
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I have been to Europe and the caribbean. In the caribbean everything is very casual. U can wear shorts and flip flops everywhere. In europe it's a little more business casual. on the ship u can wear shorts and flip flops; but alot of the shore excursions tell you what men and woman should wear. My wife and I went to a greek monestary and they required women to cover up; i.e. no shorts or sleeveless shirts. I wore casual slacks on most shore excursions. On royal caribbean ships in Europe they allow smoking. Europeans smoke a lot more than us; so Royal allows it. On our ship there were mostly people from england, ireland, and other countries. There were about 26% americans onboard. We are going to Europe this summer becuase its worth it to visit all the nice ports of call. The shore excursions cost a little more in Europe. This is because it's more expensive for RCI to operate in Europe; the docking, restocking, fueling, is more expensive. But I will take a Europe cruise over the Caribbean anytime and all time.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Passenger

The ports are the biggest differences. NO comparison for sightseeing and interest. If you want beaches and sun, go to the carrbean.
But as to your other questions, we have taken two 12 day cruises- one a western med with Carnival and one eastern with NCL. Both had the same activities, food menus, trivia, quest, etc etc... Would totally expect RCCl to be the same. As for Europeans onboard, we found that Americans were to vast majority, with a lot of people from England too. I think the annoucements were in English and Spanish but that may change on each voyage depending on the mix of passengers. I really think Europeans go for the European cruise lines to avoid the "noisy" americans...