Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Default Concierge Club

If the Concierge Club is 'filled to max' -- do they use another lounge for Diamond (+, etc) and Suite +? If so, which one on the Mariner might be used? Do they assign Diamonds to one and Suites to another or fill up one and send to the other ... or?
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Concierge Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spuds
If the Concierge Club is 'filled to max' -- do they use another lounge for Diamond (+, etc) and Suite +? If so, which one on the Mariner might be used? Do they assign Diamonds to one and Suites to another or fill up one and send to the other ... or?
On the Navigator they did not open another lounge on my sailing. It was always filled to the max.

On the Enchantment in Nov. they did open up the viking crown which was awesome so you had a choice of using the regular lounge or going up to the viking. The lounge was always hot so we ended up in the viking crown plus there was shrimp in the viking crown but not in the lounge for some reason.

I do not know who decides and when they decide to open up another area in addition to the lounge.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 16th, 2009, 11:37 PM
First Mate

On Explorer they used the cloud 9 room?? IIRC. we had the choice of either..and THAT was really crowded.

if you have late dinner, go to the lounge around 6 or so, when the early dinner people leave....
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Captain

The overcrowding issue is being discussed by "RCI" but for now they do take over other lounges to facilitate all the members. I love "Member cruises" so I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to this. Next one is the 26th of April on the "Radiance!" Only problem is that last month we were top cruisers with 39 credits on the "Legend" and next month that will probably be small potatoes ;>)
(seems like i run into the over 100 cruises on them)
Old March 18th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Does anyone see RCI getting greedy and doing away with the concierge loung for diamond and plus members. I know Grand Suite and above gets this access...but obviously it is built into the price.

But with diamond , it is a perk no matter what cabin you stay in so do you think they will either raise the requirements to achieve diamond or do away with it being that it is super crowded.
Old March 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Captain

Default Concierge Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Does anyone see RCI getting greedy and doing away with the concierge loung for diamond and plus members. I know Grand Suite and above gets this access...but obviously it is built into the price.

But with diamond , it is a perk no matter what cabin you stay in so do you think they will either raise the requirements to achieve diamond or do away with it being that it is super crowded.
On our last cruise (last month) there was lots of talk about "changes" that RCI will be implementing. One change we heard about was that RCI will limit access to the CL to Diamond Plus and Grand Suite or higher guests. No more access for Diamond members.

Have no idea if this is just rumor, but if they do change the policy, there will be LOTS of angry people out there .

It's really getting out of hand. On our Serenade cruise to Hawaii last year, there were over 450 Diamond and Diamond Plus members on board. Factor in all the people who weren't D or D+, but still managed to get into the "reserve" lounge, it was VERY crowded.
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Admiral

When on the Independence in November we found the CL absolutely packed on the first night. There was no one checking ID and I do believe there were a lot of people who didn't belong going in.

From the second night on there was someone at the door checking everyone's status. It wasn't near so bad after than.

However for anyone who wanted to "sneak" in it was easy enough. There is a really nice outdoor area but there are also stairs from the deck below that anyone can walk up and gain entrance.

If they do away with the CL for D they will be making a huge mistake. Loyality only goes so far and if you take away what you've already give (as they already have with the changes to the coupon book) they are going to drive their most loyal fans away.
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Captain

Will be on a "member cruise" next month and will certainly ask the "RCI" folks who run those things (Rachel Hancock is usually onboard) to confirm or deny their future plans ;>)