Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Default Daily Compass

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain an adance copy of the "Compas"? We are on a TA in April and would love to see the daily paper in advance. Just curious!

Cheers, Slim
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Daily Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimknyzer
Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain an adance copy of the "Compas"? We are on a TA in April and would love to see the daily paper in advance. Just curious!

Cheers, Slim
Slim,

The best you're gonna do is maybe a copy from a T/A from before. Little known fact, there is actually a small print shop onboard, and they do not begin to set the schedule until roughly a couple of weeks before a cruise, other than the usual regular schedule items, like dining times and things like that. The CD and all the relevant dept. heads will submit their items and the print shop will add the weather and port info, stuff like that, and print the Compass usually 1 - 2 days ahead of it's release to the passengers.

I know there was a web site that allowed people to upload daily cruise schedules from their past cruises from all the various ships and cruiselines for others to see, but I don't recall the site.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
First Mate

cruiseclues is that site

if by chance the CD, hotel director and run is the same, the compass should be pretty close. I've seen it often where if last years run was successful in terms of revenue and ratings, they'll just trot it out again.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz
cruiseclues is that site

if by chance the CD, hotel director and run is the same, the compass should be pretty close. I've seen it often where if last years run was successful in terms of revenue and ratings, they'll just trot it out again.
Yeah, that is the site, thanks SZ.

You're exactly right on the CD. I did 2 cruises on the Vision OTS, one year apart, one to Mexico and one to Alaska, both cruises had the same CD. I pulled out the Compasses from both cruises and saw a lot of similarities that I didn't see in other Cruise Compasses from other ships. Like very similar pool deck games, the trivia games and days, and stuff like that.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cruise clues had outdated info from like 2004 when I checked. I was looking for cocktail menu scans to get an idea of the drink prices. I was able to find a 2007 "signature cocktail menu" on webshots, nothing more up to date. I also posted a message on this site and I got like two replies that said don't worry about it, you're on vacation. the second said about the price of a local bar. No menu scans or specifics. January 2009 cruise compass available-web site is, http://cruise.bwatts.org/RCL011109/p...ss/compass.htm

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas April, 2009
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Passenger

i have some compass' from my explorer trip 2/1. they are on www.cruiseadveture4u.com
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Here's a decent site with lots posted.

http://www.cruisedailies.com/dotnetnuke/
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Daily Compass

Hi patsea,
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed looking through the dinning room menus. There is an N missing on the link button but I just punched it in by hand. Would you happen to have any cocktail menu scans? Thank You

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas April, 2009