Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Passenger

Default Anyone heard of - Gold/Silver Seapass ?

Royal Caribbean has introduced the SeaPass on its ship Rhapsody of the Seas, offering passengers a personalised service during their journey.

When they board the ship, guests will be given a gold or silver SeaPass card that will allow them to tailor their stay by requesting certain types of food or particular provisions in their cabins.

The pass will enable passengers to order breakfast, lunch and dinner from the main dining room to be delivered to their room and also arrange complimentary ironing and valet luggage services.

People planning to take advantage of the entertainment on offer on Rhapsody of the Seas will also be able to reserve VIP seats in the theatre.

jj.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Anyone heard of - Gold/Silver Seapass ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxswain
Royal Caribbean has introduced the SeaPass on its ship Rhapsody of the Seas, offering passengers a personalised service during their journey.

When they board the ship, guests will be given a gold or silver SeaPass card that will allow them to tailor their stay by requesting certain types of food or particular provisions in their cabins.

The pass will enable passengers to order breakfast, lunch and dinner from the main dining room to be delivered to their room and also arrange complimentary ironing and valet luggage services.

People planning to take advantage of the entertainment on offer on Rhapsody of the Seas will also be able to reserve VIP seats in the theatre.

jj.....
Huh

I thought the Gold and Silver indicated category - Gold for GS and up, silver for JS and white for the 'rest'. Maybe an additional sunshine yellow one with presidential seal for all the RCs.
Old March 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Passenger

I know i found a couple of stories featuring this.

jj.....
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Admiral

I had heard it for was special treatment for high end paying guests.

Guess they're going back to the class system just as Cunard.

Willl it work? Only time will tell...............

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Passenger

Old March 26th, 2009, 07:34 PM
First Mate

Quote:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do?prDate=02-17-2009&prCode=A

jj......
Yeah, its the same. We were on the Grandeur and had a silver pass (JS).

I hardly seen anybody with a Gold one.
Old March 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
First Mate

Quote:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do?prDate=02-17-2009&prCode=A

jj......
All I see is updates to the kids program and family dining.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Passenger

my sister and i was on liberty of seas and had a owners suite. We got a regular white card. oh it had a small gold star on it. it peeled off by the way.
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Beginner

oh Please , you would think we where back on the titanic I feel they make a differance between passengers already .arent we all gods children.
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Titanic - try Nomadic lol

jj....
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
First Mate

Quote:
...all guests booked in Grand Suites or higher category staterooms receive distinctive gold SeaPass cards, which enable ship crew and staff to provide them with the personalized service and offerings available to suite guests throughout their cruise. On arrival in their suites, guests are welcomed with complimentary water and a fruit plate. Complimentary slippers, luxury spa bathrobes, and Royal Caribbean's exclusive range of Vitality bathroom amenities ? specially created for the cruise line - set the tone for a relaxing and rejuvenating cruise vacation. In the evenings, guests can satisfy their sweet tooth with Ghirardelli chocolates at turndown, and ensure a perfect night's rest with Royal Caribbean's plush duvet and bedding, including a special menu to select their pillow of individual preference.

On the first formal evening of the cruise, these guests are treated to a pre-dinner cheese presentation, and on the second formal or final evening of the cruise, a ?petits fours' plate during turndown service. Guests also enjoy complimentary 24-hour room service and coffee and tea service throughout their cruise, and the exclusive privilege of ordering from the main dining room's full breakfast, lunch or dinner menus to dine in the privacy of their suite. For guests wanting to stay in, a popular board game from toy brand, Mattel's game menu could be ordered for delivery to the suite for hours of fun game time. A dedicated suite attendant will deliver Royal Caribbean's Gold Anchor Service throughout the cruise and help to fulfill any special requests, such as pressing service - complimentary on formal evenings.

Guests booked in the Grand Suite and higher category staterooms have special privileges and access on their Royal Caribbean cruise, including an invitation to an exclusive private cocktail reception hosted by the Captain of the ship. Reserved VIP seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, and priority bookings for appointments in the salon and spa, and for tendering and shore excursion tickets, are some of the benefits provided to suite guests. On Voyager- and Freedom-class ships, suite guests have reserved VIP seating poolside as well as at the spectacular ice shows in the Studio B venue. Guests dining in the Windjammer during breakfast and lunch also enjoy reserved private seating in the adjacent specialty restaurants.

Aboard Radiance-, Voyager- and Freedom-class ships, these suite guests will receive a personal key to the Concierge Club. Hosted by the ship's concierge, the Concierge Club offers suite guests a relaxed atmosphere, business services such as faxes and photocopies, an extensive library of DVDs and CDs, and complimentary continental breakfast and pre-dinner cocktail receptions daily. The concierge is on-hand to see to the needs of the suite guests and assist with any special requests, such as securing reservations in specialty restaurants; pre-ordering wine for dinner; booking Explorations! shore excursions; scheduling spa and salon appointments; and arranging a private event.

At the conclusion of their cruise, these suite guests enjoy priority departure from the ship and complimentary valet luggage service, where their bags are automatically transferred to the airport, freeing them to enjoy an excursion or other pursuits at the port city.
Quote:
...guests occupying Junior Suite category staterooms and distinguished by their silver SeaPass cards enjoy many onboard benefits to make their cruise memorable. Junior suites offer complimentary Vitality bathroom amenities, coffee and tea service ensuite, terrycloth bathrobes for use onboard, and Royal Caribbean's plush duvet and bedding. Throughout, a dedicated suite attendant will cater to guests' special requests and deliver Royal Caribbean's renowned Gold Anchor Service.
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:41 PM
First Mate

Just sailed on Independence of the Seas in a Grand Suite; had Gold SeaPass; there was really no difference in treatment by the staff when you purchased a drink or bought items. It really doesn't provide some "special" service outside the cabin, just supposed to make you feel better about spending 500-1000 more than other guests for a nicer cabin.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
First Mate

I too, had a gold sea pass card.......on the Explorer..only reason for this was because of the cabin I had and how many points I aquired.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Captain

Silver=Junior suite
Gold=Grand suite and above