Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember
Folks have discussed moving off of Royal Caribbean to other lines like Carnival and Princess due to the recent changes. Here's my question, do any of those lines offer a CL? Based on what I read on their websites they don't have any lounge at all on their ships. This is an amenity that none of the other major lines even have.
It's not just the CL lounge. Three of the RCCL cruises I cancelled didn't even have a CL lounge anyway. It's about RESPECT and TRUST.

RCCL has demonstrated that they don't RESPECT their loyal passengers, and I don't TRUST them not to yank more benefits away if I were to continue to sail with them and reach Diamond Plus.

So WHY NOT sail with someone else?

BTW, one of my RCCL cruises was costing me $188.00 per day per person. The Princess cruise I replaced it with came in at $143.00 per day per person and the perks are a lot better.
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Folks have discussed moving off of Royal Caribbean to other lines like Carnival and Princess due to the recent changes. Here's my question, do any of those lines offer a CL? Based on what I read on their websites they don't have any lounge at all on their ships. This is an amenity that none of the other major lines even have.
No, none of them do. However having a CL is not the point. Most, such as myself, are looking at others lines because we now don't have the "extra" to move us in RCL's direction. Everything is even so now it becomes, intinerary, size of ship, and COST. RCL has dull inineraries, ships that are too big (for us), geared 95% for families, (nothing wrong with that - just not what we are looking for), but, and here's the biggie, RCL is overall more expensive.

Now for "extras", HA has next to nothing, (but never offered more) Carnival doesn't have too much but does have some (but never offered more), NCL doesn't have anything as far as I know (but never offered any), Princess does have perks - free internet pkg, free laundry (and haven't take them away), RCL - had perks - gift, free picture, free drinks at party and CL lounge. (now no gift, no picture, pay for your own drinks at party, and no CL lounge for D - all perks that were removed.)

Let's see - where am I going to go - back to intinerary, size of ship and COST.

Loyal to Royal? Hardly - Royal - loyal to consumers - not at all.

Now, I am a D+ - I do still have access to the CL but ...............yes, I am looking elswhere. Will I stop sailing with RCL - of course not - right now they are the only one who has the cruise I want next year. But...........in the future?????????

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
It's not apples to apples, but for example Princess has a bar set up for your cabin and internet minutes. I think that's comparable to a CL if not preferable.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Does anyone see RCI getting greedy and doing away with the concierge loung for diamond and plus members. I know Grand Suite and above gets this access...but obviously it is built into the price.

But with diamond , it is a perk no matter what cabin you stay in so do you think they will either raise the requirements to achieve diamond or do away with it being that it is super crowded.
Wow-how eery on timing. I put this is another thread on 3/17 and lo and behold, they made a change. Sucks as it was a helluva benefit. By the time I get to D+, they will raise it once again. Oh, well, got to use it a couple times. Just need to make sure I get teh Grand Suite.
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Holland America has the Neptune Lounge which is almost the same as the CL.

NCL has a special restaurant, for breakfast and lunch, for suite guests. Not really apples to apples but a special area.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:13 AM
First Mate

To each there own, you should always choose your cruise line based on what your demographic and interest is. If cruising with families wasn't my cup of tea; I'd probably move over to Celebrity myself. I've been sailing with Royal Caribbean since 1993 and boy I have seen changes in service and "extras"; but I'm also realistic and understand that tough economic times call for certain things to be cut back. I still truely believe that you get the best bang for your buck cruising, no matter what line you choose to sail in.
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have always enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. I especially like the one on the Enchantment of the Seas. It has the best views. The Voyager and Freedom class have it in the middle of ship with no windows :evil:

Enchantment Nov 2006

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Speedo King how come you don't have a drink in hand The Freedom class CL does have windows.

I've enjoyed the CL however I go in there for about 15 minutes right before dinner chat with a few of my wonderful fellow cruisers, have a piece of brie cheese and 3 sips of wine mixed with club soda then I'm outta there.
Many cruisers take advantage of the CL.

A CL and "perks" are not important to me when planning a cruise vacation. And that would apply to all cruiselines not just Royal. I'm looking into Carnival again I don't care what their "perks" are I'll have a great cruise with or without the CL, Hat, Robes, coupon book, Laundry service etc, etc, etc....

8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am quite sure I had a Tanqueray and tonic on the table as did my cruisemate.

As far as I can tell this CL on Freedom is in the interior. I know they open a secondary lounge in the Viking Crown Lounge for overflow but the CL is INSIDE just like Voyager class!

Now on the Enchantment it is starboard side with a view!!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 31st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 31st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

That is in the Viking Lounge, not the official CL. When I was on Mariner they did the same thing. It was set up more as a cocktail lounge. You had to go to the real CL if you wanted ice show tickets or excursion priorities, ect...

This is Freedom. I guess they call it Diamond club as opposed to CL.

This was Mariner. They used the 19th Hole I guess but same set up.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Passenger

I started a thread as I did not see this one but I am so glad that Royal Caribbean made this move. Next to go is D+. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Royal Caribbean, you just keep getting better and better.
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesincharge
I started a thread as I did not see this one but I am so glad that Royal Caribbean made this move. Next to go is D+. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Royal Caribbean, you just keep getting better and better.
:evil:

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Captain

Oookay....

BTW Dave, your daughter is adorable. It was sweet of you to bring her on a cruise.

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRover
Oookay....

BTW Dave, your daughter is adorable. It was sweet of you to bring her on a cruise.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't have any daughters. That was my Cruise Mate for the cruise. She is a little younger but not much. Some girls still keep their figure into their 40's.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRover
Oookay....

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Speedo King how come you don't have a drink in hand The Freedom class CL does have windows.

I've enjoyed the CL however I go in there for about 15 minutes right before dinner chat with a few of my wonderful fellow cruisers, have a piece of brie cheese and 3 sips of wine mixed with club soda then I'm outta there.
Many cruisers take advantage of the CL.

A CL and "perks" are not important to me when planning a cruise vacation. And that would apply to all cruiselines not just Royal. I'm looking into Carnival again I don't care what their "perks" are I'll have a great cruise with or without the CL, Hat, Robes, coupon book, Laundry service etc, etc, etc....

8)

I like your attitude CQ, these are such minor details.

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas April, 2009
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
Captain

On the "Indy" last Dec and "Mel" was top notch in the "Diamond Club." She is a trained concierge and the only difference was the name on the door of the lounge. She was there in the morning with the usual food/beverages and evening the "Diamond" folks met in the "Labrynth" for the cocktails & munchies. I am not attacking anyone since I realize that on many ships this is another "take-away," but I just don't see it as "the sky is falling" type of event.

There's my 2 pennies, Robbie
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: No Concierge Lounge for Diamond Passengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalchump
Only Diamond Plus passengers will be able to access the CL except for freedom class ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/be...A_e2:12h3g0fq2

one more reason not to go on rccl.
That is true but also the grand and higher suites guests get access to the lounge also but not on the Freedom class and the Oasis class ships.
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I have always enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. I especially like the one on the Enchantment of the Seas. It has the best views. The Voyager and Freedom class have it in the middle of ship with no windows :evil:

Enchantment Nov 2006

CQ-DTW put that pic to get you jealous!!