Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Passenger

Default Parking and hotel in Port Everglades

Hi there,

We will be going on a cruise May 16th at Port Everglades. I was wondering if anyone has helpful information about parking at the port, as well as info about affordable hotels in the area. Is there a way to find out which area at the port our ship will be docking ahead of time? Or do you park in a lot and take a shuttle bus to the terminal(s)? I also wonder how soon one can get on board the ship for a 5pm departure. How soon do the terminals open for check in?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:09 AM
Admiral

I'm not sure about parking as we fly in, but we will be in Fort Lauderdale this weekend to visit friends for the weekend. We will be staying at the Ramanda Inn which has pick up at the airport and drops off at the pier.

Their price is reasonable as well. You could give them a call and see if they have a park & fly package.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:39 AM
Passenger

We've cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale three times this past winter, driving to the area each time. We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. They have a free breakfast in the morning, and free drinks in the evening, plus two room suites for everyone. They will let you park your car in their lot for $10.00 a day (always subject to change) and will arrange for a shuttle to take you to the port at whatever time you want to go. There's also a Publix store close to the hotel to stock up on wine for the cruise and a nice Irish Pub across the street.

Our most recent cruise was on Emerald Princess and since Princess always seem to get the primo docking spots, we rolled our own bags off the ship and down the street to the hotel and were there in time for breakfast.

One thing to watch for: Some friends we were with on one cruise parked their car in the lot adjacent to the ship, but then when the ship returned to port it was docked at another location and they had to take a shuttle to get to their parking deck.
Old March 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In my opinion the closest, and most convenient place to say in Fll, is, A1A, 17th St. area, right by the port..You have Pier 66, Bahia Mar, The old Ameisuites, is now Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, and the Holiday Inn Express.all right there, and many more close by...Shops and restaurants and the Southport Shopping area is justt across the side steet, from Hyatt Place. Ther eyou have Publix Supermarket to get all your last minute needs...

Check out my article on Fll, it will give you additional info..
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...lauderdale.cfm

Call the hotel directly, not the 800 number and ask for the manager to get the best rates....good luck

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 31st, 2009, 04:49 PM
Admiral

I would opt for Embassy Suites
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old April 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Thank you each so much for the helpful information. I really appreciate it. Our cruise is 6 weeks off, but I know how time flies and things can get booked up.

Gratefully,
bsoper