Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:46 PM
First Mate

Default Crown and Anchor Club on St Thomas & San Juan?

While browsing a website dedicated to a tour of Grandeur Of The Seas I came across a page that described a brick and morter "club" called "Crown and Anchor" situated in both St Thomas and San Juan. I had never heard of these places and I'm thinking that they no longer exist. The website has a 1998 copyright. Can anyone shed some light on this? Here is the description straight from the website:

Now that the tour of Grandeur of the Seas is completed, I wanted to include one more thing offered to passengers on Royal Caribbean, the Crown & Anchor Clubs. These clubs, located in San Juan, and St Thomas, provide passengers on Grandeur of the Seas, and other ships of Royal Caribbean International, a place of respite, right in the heart of these old towns.

Entry to these exclusive clubs is gained by showing your cruise card. Once inside, passengers may sink into the comfortable couches and cool down, resting feet weary from shopping; obtain a refreshing beverage, with or without alcohol; use the rest rooms; deposit packages; or, obtain information on other Royal Caribbean Cruises.

On a hot day, these clubs can be godsends! No other cruise line provides anything even remotely similar! Enjoy!

http://parnami.freeyellow.com/GrandeurTour22.html

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Not sure about the one in St. Thomas, but I know the one that used to be in San Juan is no longer there. It was a nice place to drop off luggage and root around town, grab a cool drink and relax, but they got rid of it there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
First Mate

Been to both of the clubs in St.Thomas and San Juan. The cruise line closed the clubs in the late 90's. They were basically store front like buildings that allows Royal Caribbean Passengers to enter (had to show your SeaPass card). The club had a place where you could leave luggage if you were in San Juan flying home after a cruise. There was free snacks and you had to pay for booze. The clubs really were just a "pit stop" during your visit downtown to relax; they were never designed to generate revenue.
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This was the most fabulous idea, and I was sad to see them go...I met the woman who came up with the idea, in the St Thomas, club, shortly after it opened...I told her I was going to call her boss and tell them to give her a raise.

Such a great place to sit for a bit, have a snack, use a CLEAN restroom, and regroup for the rest of whatever I think after the double whammy of Hurricane Marilyn, and, Luis, which devestated St. Thomas, they decided to close them...really too bad

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator