Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Default Suggestion on Monarch Cabin

Just rcvd our cabin assignment for my anniversary cruise April 24, 2009. We booked an ov guarantee and rcvd Cabin 8088. I have been told by RCCL that this cabin's walls are double insulated so I should hear no noise, but the reviews I have seen on other boards state otherwise. It is right above Boleros. Anyone have any thoughts as to the cabin?
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
Familiar Face

That's not true. The cabins aren't insulated at all, as far as I know. I've also heard that the noise from Bolero's comes straight into the cabins. I would move, even though I used to be in Bolero's until closing. I would worry that the art auction noise would ruin my afternoon nap!

Have a look at the Deck 8 cabins here: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...46215528AbSjDk

Deck 8 is shown as obstructed view, but the ones with dots have windows in between the lifeboats, so the views aren't as obstructed. I'd see if I could get one of those.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:49 AM
Familiar Face

duplicate.