Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Notification of upgrade?

not sure how this works. I read this all the time of people purchasing guarantee rooms and being upgraded. (ex: buying a guarantee balcony and RCI upgrades you to a suite. )

how do they pick people to upgrade? is it random, amount of sailings you have, rooms you book, or when you actually book the sailing?

and how are you notified? do you just log in to check your itinerary and lo and behold, you are upgraded to a suite, just magically like that?
Liberty of the Seas 1/08
Adventure of the Seas 1/09

**Southern Caribbean Honeymoon Cruise, Adventure; January 2011**????
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
First Mate

We have booked guarantees twice. In both cases we weren't notified. The first they simply assigned us one level up a few weeks after we booked. In the second we moved from an inside to an oceanview.

The best of the upgrades are usually given to those who are Diamond+. It should be done by the number of cruises... but often just seems to be random.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Admiral

We've never been notified when upgraded. Our 2nd HAL cruise this past January we were upgraded to a Suite. During check in, I gave the lady the cabin number that I booked, she gave us our keys and off we went. I noticed a few minutes later they had the wrong names and that's how we found out. I don't know why she wanted our passports at check in cause she certainly didn't look at them. Another upgrade we found out about on the website and didn't want it but could not get the cabin we booked back because they had already moved someone there. We were upgraded from a mini-suite to a suite but bad location. We politely complained and were compensated for it. Once we were called and asked to move to a bigger cabin and given $ to do so. That was a good upgrade.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302