Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoseca
OK, I'll take the other free gift that was given away....like I said, I'm not proud.....something about a gift in a mouth on a horse.
If I had one I would give it you (or any of the other cheesy sounding gifts) but I didn't attend. I prefered to visit with friends. Sounds like I made the best decisiion.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: another RC speaks up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8
Ok, my ears were ringing.......heard my name mentioned so figured I'd post my two cents......
You heard your name ringing because I actually complimented you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
I have a question. This may sound dumb because I'm not a TA and have never been to this event. Was Oasis there? Where you on the ship looking at the "Aqua theater" ? If the ship wasn't there was the "aqua theater" a replica of what the "Aqua Theater" will be? Also will the theater be used for swimming during the day? Is RCL going to charge for the shows or are they including in the fare price?

I'm like most people posting here we are wondering about Oasis. Will I cruise her? Probably not she is in Florida and I'm in California. So on top of the per person cost of the cruise I would have to pay airfare.
Not a dumb question. I certainly expected to have some kind of Aqua Theater background or something. It was just done in the diving pool.

I upload some pics tomorrow. The videos have to wait. It was bad lighting and my cam is not made for night time movies. I have to work on them a little. here is an example
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
I have a question. This may sound dumb because I'm not a TA and have never been to this event. Was Oasis there? Where you on the ship looking at the "Aqua theater" ? If the ship wasn't there was the "aqua theater" a replica of what the "Aqua Theater" will be? Also will the theater be used for swimming during the day? Is RCL going to charge for the shows or are they including in the fare price?

I'm like most people posting here we are wondering about Oasis. Will I cruise her? Probably not she is in Florida and I'm in California. So on top of the per person cost of the cruise I would have to pay airfare.
no such thing as a dumb question.

oasis won't be in service until 1 december this year. So, we weren't on the ship.
the aqua theater is on the stern of the oasis. it will be a swimming pool during the day and a show theater at night. the bottom of the pool can be raised and lowered depending on the use at the time.
the shows will be free just like the ice shows are now.

this was a one time event at the international swimming hall of fame in fort lauderdale, fl. it was held there because the oasis will be home ported there. it was put on by rci to hype the aqua theater venue to travel agents and to designate them "royal ambassadors" for rci. rci needs all the help they can get to fill this ship along with their other ships.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions.
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8
Ok, my ears were ringing.......heard my name mentioned so figured I'd post my two cents......

I know.............you feeling okay??

Quote:
Uh.......I'd like a free T shirt.....I'm not proud.
Don't I know that!!
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:
OK, I'll take the other free gift that was given away....like I said, I'm not proud.....something about a gift in a mouth on a horse.
If I had one I would give it you (or any of the other cheesy sounding gifts) but I didn't attend. I prefered to visit with friends. Sounds like I made the best decisiion.
***edited by moderator to delete personal comments***

I grew up not too far from you....Streetsville.....outside of Missisauga.
Old April 7th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nah, probably not the best decision.......PH8 and Paul just love sucking up to the brass at those events.....they just don't want anyone to know it. Did you know that PH8 is Richard Fains daughter? That's how she became a Royal Champion. :-)

I grew up not too far from you....Streetsville.....outside of Missisauga.
I haven't heard it called Streetsville in years. Not since they amalgamated all the buroughs and made such a mess of Toronto. Do you know that Toronto has higher property tax than any other place in Canada and they get less for it. (Sorry - no more rant.)

I knew there had to be a reason why she was choosen to be a RCer. Now, everyone else's reasons are?????

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgolfer
Quote:

no such thing as a dumb question.

oasis won't be in service until 1 december this year. So, we weren't on the ship.
the aqua theater is on the stern of the oasis. it will be a swimming pool during the day and a show theater at night. the bottom of the pool can be raised and lowered depending on the use at the time.
the shows will be free just like the ice shows are now.

this was a one time event at the international swimming hall of fame in fort lauderdale, fl. it was held there because the oasis will be home ported there. it was put on by rci to hype the aqua theater venue to travel agents and to designate them "royal ambassadors" for rci. rci needs all the help they can get to fill this ship along with their other ships.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions.
Thanks for the information on the Aqua Theater.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH8

I know.............you feeling okay??
Well, I decided to take on Monday the CLIA course "How to eat meatballs with chop sticks made for non chop stick eaters", so besides a couple of black eyes I am doing OK. At least next time I won't be accused of eating lollipops when I am actually eating meatballs which are speared on a 3 foot long chop stick because some company could not secure financing for plastic forks or at least some picks.
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Beginner

Quote:

I knew there had to be a reason why she was choosen to be a RCer. Now, everyone else's reasons are?????
The only other RC that I know of is Paul.....he was chosen because he is in charge of Crown & Anchor for RCI.....specifically the Diamond piece of it.
Old April 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

San - I thought PH was Jack's daughter.

And I'm surprised tou told on me.
Old April 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Captain

Facinating. 8)

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old April 7th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgolfer
San - I thought PH was Jack's daughter.

And I'm surprised tou told on me.
Well, I know that you are very proud of your role in the C&A Diamond program, so I thought that I would try and get you some accolades on here. If you would like, I could post the information on CC and get you some really good feedback.
Old April 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Familiar Face

Didn't someone here say the Aqua Theater show was being created by the people who did Le Reve in Las Vegas? I saw them on Dancing With The Stars and they were amazing! Did anyone catch it? Made me excited to see what they do on the Oasis.