Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Beginner

Default Radiance cabin question

I have been looking at the RCCL deck plans for Radiance. I am booked for an Alaska cruise in cabin 8590. Looking at the plans it looks like that cabin's balcony is slanted and not as large as the other ones on the hump. Anyone stayed in that one before? Should I try to book one on the hump even though it is a few dollars more. This trip is all about the scenery. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Captain

RCI actually does a good job of showing how crimped some of these can be. We had one on deck 7 like that and view's still great, just not much room to turn around.
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Beginner

I stayed in 8588 and had a great balcony, but 8590 is an extremely tiny balcony the way it is on the hump. If this trip is all about the scenery, I would opt for the E1 category. If you can snag that on the hump, I think you will be very happy. Have a great cruise! 8)
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info! I did get it changed to cabin 8952. It did cost $70 more, but we want to be able to enjoy the balcony and not be squished! Hopefully, there will be price drops before we go and we can get some $ knocked off the price! Wishful thinking!