Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default Has anyone been on the Serenade of the Seas before?

I will be going in May and I have a few questions
1)will there be other teens aboard in May?

2)Is the teen club any good and what kidn of stuff/ activites do they let you do?

3) How much does a soda card cost for 7 days. Tips and gratiuties included?

4) Does the Serenade have an ice cream bar. I know on Holland America they have and ice cream bar with sorberts and stuff. Is RCL just plain vanilla/chocolate/strawberry ice cream? Or do they have the more special varities?

5) Do they really give you a coupon book? I heard that teens also get one...is that true? If so, what's in it?

6) What kind of fun activites are there for teens. I don't want to get bored haha. I know there's golf and rockclimbing but are there other things to do?

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Admiral

I've been on the Serenade - twice. It's my favourite class of ship. However, I'm far too old to be able to answer your questions. I can't remember being a teenage.

How many teens are going to be onboard is hard to say. It depends on schools I suppose. Is there break times around? You're from Camada so things are probably different.

If you mean are gratuities including when you buy a soda card, then yes they are. I don't know how much they are though.

There are coupons books but to receive one you must have sailed at least once before and be registered with C&A. There really isn't much of anything in the booklets mind you.

It's more like frozen yogurt than ice-cream.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks felix, for your input. And it's a shame it's only frozen yogurt

Old April 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Captain

I am going on the Serenade w/ my family in July (teens included).

I don't know much about the teen club but have been advised to get the kids to at least go the first day to check it out. They'll most likely be impressed and are more apt to return than if they put this off til they're bored on Day 3. On Day 3, they'll feel more like an outsider.

Ice Cream is really frozen yogurt like felix says. It is also not available 24/7. I am not sure what the schedule is but I have been told to check the daily navigators for times. This will be an issue w/ my family.

Soda:
Cost = $48.30 adult for 7 day cruise
= $32.20 child for 7 day cruise (child is under 18

We only bought the soda card for our 17 y/o as he's the only one who really drinks soda, it's cheaper for him, it would be a waste of $$ for the rest of us. I do plan on bringing my own soda and water onboard anyway.

From RCL website:

You can reserve an unlimited Fountain Soda pass for any of the guests traveling with you. As part of your package, you'll receive a complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup in your stateroom upon embarkation. An icon will be placed on your SeaPass Card which indicates your participation in the unlimited Fountain Soda Package.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they have been purchased. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

This package must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase onboard, please visit upon embarkation the Wine & Dine display table at the ships Expo, check your Cruise Compass or ask your dining room waiter for more information.

Available Fountain Soda Packages
The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of 6.00 USD for Adults and 4.00 USD for Children*. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.)

Package Price for your {7} night cruise:
Adult: 48.30 USD
Child: 32.20 USD

Coupon book:
Are you a returning RCL cruiser? If so there will be a coupon book in your cabin when you embark. RCL is slowly removing all the good coupons so don't get too excited about this book.

Activities:
Like you said -- golf, rock climbing, pool tables, swimming pools
There will be family activites and lectures announced onboard and between the scenery and looking for wildlife, the kids shouldn't get bored.

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks wildrover. I'm really bummed about the ice cream because I loved it on HAL. And it's too bad the soda package is so expensive...it'd be awesome if it was $4 a day all you can drink and you get to choose what days you want to buy it

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Captain

I completely agree with you about the ice cream. Disney has a great set up for this, too, so I know my kids will be disappointed. I guess they'll survive for one week, though!

I also agree about the soda (again, Disney is great for this -- all soda is free). That's why I think it's well worth it to bring your own onboard when embarking, grab some in ports. Water, too.

Have a great cruise!

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree best to bring your own soda much cheaper. Enjoy your cruise, the Serenade is beautiful.
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks guys!

Old April 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Familiar Face

You will love the Serenade and I think there is yogurt and Ice Cream.
It was delicious anyway. You will not have much time to do a lot on ship because of all the ports and excursions. Have a great time. I wish I were going back again, we went in March!!
Serenade October 2010
Freedom May 2010

Fantasy Nov. 2009
Serenade 2009
Victory March 2008
Holiday 2007
Rhapsody of the Seas 2006
Paradise 2004
Monarch of the Seas 2002
Paradise 2000
Big Red Boat 3x
NCL Sunward II