Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Quite possible. However I think you're forgetting the islands that make up if not an overhwhelming majority, at least a great number of the tourist stops that remian territories of othe nations. These would include Puerto Rico, the Netherlands Antilles, the British and US Virgin Islands, etc. I don't see how they would get away without reporting.

I'd think the safety factor vis-a-vis crime alone would preclude me from disembarking at some stops in the Caribbean and South America before I would even think of the possibility of contracting H1N1.

I thought I'd add there are now reported cases in Spain, Guatemala and a couple of other countries.

Guess we just shut down travel to anywhere, huh?

Maybe we should do what they did in I believe Iran where they killed the wild boar in the zoo! Yes it's spreading but this speculation and fear that people are going to be dying like flies just isn't happening.

Todd
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Familiar Face

I was just in San Francisco Fri, Sat, and Sun and had fun seeing the ships coming in. The local news interviewed many of the passengers coming off and some were disgruntled but most were lovely. One couple said while they were looking forward to sunny beaches, they had never been in San Francisco before and were heading over to Alcatraz for the tour, while another couple complained that all the sweatshirts in the shops around Pier 39 were sold out. A youngish man said "I can get crappy weather like this at home!" He must be lovely to live with.

Anyway, it proved that those who look for what is right in any given situation have more fun than those who continually harangue on the negative. Those who were making the best of it had huge smiles and were having a great time...the complainers...well, you can imagine what their faces looked like...pinched, furrowed and frowning!

It was nice the news kept the name of the 'cruise lines' out of their reports. While I was there, RCCL, Princess, and Carnival were in. I have no idea what ships the people interviewed were from.
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Older Party,

AMEN! and AMEN!

Todd (someone else who is advancing into old age like one who, while kicking and screaming, is belted in on a rocket sled on rails)