CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Crown Cruise Vacations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/364158-crown-cruise-vacations.html)

Mike L May 5th, 2009 02:00 PM

Crown Cruise Vacations

Has anyone had experience with Crown Cruise Vacations :?:

felix_the_cat May 5th, 2009 05:12 PM

Re: Crown Cruise Vacations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike L

Are you talking about an agency? That isn't allowed on here.

Mike L May 6th, 2009 09:14 AM

Crown Cruise Vacations

If it is ok to bash a cruise line, bash other posters then what's the problem asking if anyone has any experience that may be good or bad with a particular booking agency :roll:

If this is not an allowed question then I think one of the moderators would let me know. 8)

thecruisequeen May 6th, 2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

If it is ok to bash a cruise line, bash other posters then what's the problem asking if anyone has any experience that may be good or bad with a particular booking agency :roll: 8)

So true Mike!

I have received an email from them looks like some good deals going on with them however deleted the email as I don't know any info on them and have never heard of them before.

Kuki May 6th, 2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:

Felix... that is incorrect information. Posters are allowed to ask questions about specific travel agencies. Posting links to their web sites etc. is not.

Posts touting specific agencies or agents are not allowed. But direct responses to a question like this are.

It's pretty obvious if this gets abused, and if/when it may we deal with it case by case.

Mike... sorry, have never heard of them.

felix_the_cat May 6th, 2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:

Quote:

Felix... that is incorrect information. Posters are allowed to ask questions about specific travel agencies. Posting links to their web sites etc. is not.

Posts touting specific agencies or agents are not allowed. But direct responses to a question like this are.

It's pretty obvious if this gets abused, and if/when it may we deal with it case by case.

Mike... sorry, have never heard of them.

I guess I've come from a different "place" where doing that would get you banned.

I didn't know we could ask those kind of questions. I know you have no problem when one says I'm a TA but I didn't know you allowed that door to be opened a bit further for discussion purposes.

To the OP - I wasn't trying to be rude - only trying to help.

As for the agency in question, I've never heard of them (which I guess, is obvious.)

Mike L May 7th, 2009 08:42 AM

Crown Cruise Vacations

Thanks all for your comments.

Felix, I am looking at the Infinity to Alaska in June. Can you give a review when you return :D

FL_Cruiser64 May 7th, 2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

I guess I've come from a different "place" where doing that would get you banned.

Unless you are a certain poster then you can always say: I am a TA..and...my clients...and...and...and... LOL

@Mike: be careful. I don't know Crown Cruise Vacation but I was talking to some people at the last CLIA Cruise3Sixty and it sounded to me that this place might be founded by the former owners of Cruise Value which I believe went belly up.

According to the info: this company was formed prior to the CVC problems becoming public in anticipation of the bankruptcy. The majority of their database in e-mail marketing comes from CVC and the associated companies.

Nothing wrong with aligning yourself with a start up company in this industry (I am one myself) but if you fiddle with a possible offspring from a bankrupt company I would be very careful.

Good luck.

EDIT: They hav an ASTA and IATAN logo. Both organizations require financial statements so it is highly unlikely that they are actually members.

2nd EDIT: They are also not listed with NJ (which is their address).

felix_the_cat May 7th, 2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Thanks all for your comments.

Felix, I am looking at the Infinity to Alaska in June. Can you give a review when you return :D

Gladly. This will be our second time on Infinity.

FL_Cruiser64 May 7th, 2009 09:28 AM

Cruise Mates rocks!!!!

In-house info:
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607911

Mike L May 7th, 2009 11:53 AM

Crown Cruise Vacations

Awsome, FL Cruiser :!:

I don't think it is worth the gamble for free trip insurance... :shock:

felix_the_cat May 7th, 2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL_Cruiser64
Cruise Mates rocks!!!!

In-house info:

WOW - glad you found that. I hate it when an outfit like that comes along - ruins it for the rest of us. (taking away trust.)

dadoflostboys May 20th, 2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Cruise Mates rocks!!!!

In-house info:

The link is not working for me.
"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

FL_Cruiser64 May 21st, 2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadoflostboys
Quote:

Cruise Mates rocks!!!!

In-house info:

The link is not working for me.
"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

Kuki? Paul? What happened to it?

evilferret June 10th, 2010 05:24 PM

Anybody find out anything about them?

They aren't the cheapest but they are offering free insurance.

Brock0715 September 1st, 2010 03:27 PM

We have used Crown Cruises to book our vacations with Carnival the past two years and we are scheduled for our third later this month. We found them originally through cruisecompete and have been using them ever since. No major problems, very accomadating, although they can be hard to get ahold of without playing phone tag.

lovecruisingtoo1 December 22nd, 2010 10:03 PM

Requested a quote from them and when I tried to book they said they had made an "error" in the pricing and it was significantly higher than what was quoted.

Don't trust them. Can you say "Bait and Switch?"

jdh December 27th, 2010 05:35 PM

We have used Crown Cruise three times. We found them via Cruise Compete. No complaints and great service. The office we used was in NJ.