CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Just Booked.... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/364178-just-booked.html)

Chefkel22 May 5th, 2009 08:16 PM

Just Booked....

Just booked the February 14th 2010 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas.

Can not wait - first cruise on Royal.

Would love any and all feedback/input you are willing to share. Learn so much from fellow cruisers at this site.

We have 2 families with 3 teenagers - 2 boys 16 ea and 1 girl at 14.

Thanks and safe sailing.

AF1 May 7th, 2009 10:38 AM

There will be so much for your family to do onboard you will literaly have to go thru the cruise compass (list of daily events onboard), and pick and choose, you can't do it all. The teens will be amazed at the programs designed just for them. Have fun and get on your roll call so u can keep up with your fellow cruisers who will be on your cruise.
Cheers :shock:

dave 3261 May 19th, 2009 01:31 AM

I was just on the Explorer last month and had a great time!!! I don't have any kids but I did notice some of the teens seemed a bit bored in the evening. Some of them were taking do not disturb signs and breakfast orders off of peoples doors, I guess out of boredom.

The main pool area seemed the place to be. Always lots of activities, bands, contests, etc. The sports area is a lot of fun. Rock climbing,rollerblading,mini golf,ping pong, soccer, basket ball and more. Fun for kids of all ages!

If you have half as much fun as I did you will be ready for your next cruise before you disembark.

Enjoy your adventure and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer.

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas, 2009

Manuel May 25th, 2009 06:04 AM

You will love the Freedom OTS. We have had the peasure of sailing on her sister-ship the Liberty and there is plenty of fun for everyone. We enjoyed that cruise ( which was our first on Royal ), so much that we have booked the Liberty again as well as the Oasis.

TM

thecruisequeen May 25th, 2009 08:28 AM

Get ready for a wonderful fun filled week on the beautiful Freedom!

Your teens will love this ship!

As someone mentioned above read the compass each day to make sure you don't miss out on anything.

8) :-P 8) :D

Manuel May 25th, 2009 10:22 AM

I would like to add that if someone is bored on a Freedom class ship it's their fault, not the lack of activities.

TM

earl May 25th, 2009 03:06 PM

Congrats on the cruise. Hope you have a ghood one!!!

subtropic May 26th, 2009 03:09 PM

They may never get beyond the flowrider !

Mike-Suz May 27th, 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtropic
They may never get beyond the flowrider !

You can say that again! My stepson Karl... it was food and flowrider and nothing else! I'm not sure he even knew there was a whole rest of the ship beyond the sports deck !!!

cutiecat May 28th, 2009 10:03 PM

happy sailing! i'm still waiting to cruise a Freedom class...

earl May 28th, 2009 11:18 PM

I may do a Freedom class next year . There so much to see and do.

Royalchump May 31st, 2009 11:49 AM

We have been on the Liberty and Independence, our favorite size is the Voyager class ships.

Surfguyxxx1 June 11th, 2009 07:03 PM

Royal is great!!!!! Say hello to the kids in the morning, expect not to see them the whole day (unless its a port day and they need $$$$$) bump into them here and there as you sip a Pina Colada while tanning, make plans for dinner and watch them wolf down their meal and hurry off to meet their new best friends as you go and enjoy the show.

Barba21885 July 19th, 2009 11:30 PM

Here's another reason for a balcony

We have always booked balcony. On one of our 3 day cruises, it rained the almost the entire time. Nothing beats watching a thunderstorm on the sea......and having somewhere to relax while the pool and deck areas were being pounded by rain. A lot of unhappy inside cabiners that cruise!!!

Surfguyxxx1 July 25th, 2009 10:46 AM

Go Barba21885 !!!!!

Making the best of a not so nice situation is what it's all about.