CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Freedom of the Seas-Flowrider (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/364328-freedom-seas-flowrider.html)

wildtiger722 May 11th, 2009 01:54 PM

Freedom of the Seas-Flowrider

hey every1..im going on FOTS in june to celebrate my HS graduation...i was wodnering what the 411 on the flowrider is......if u r under 18 do they make ur parents sign a form like on the Rock wall??? and any advice on how NOT to completely wreck myself on it is greatly appreciated 2 :D

thecruisequeen May 11th, 2009 02:33 PM

Congrats on your upcoming HS Graduation. Flowrider is alot of fun. A parent does have to sign the waiver. There will be days where the lines get long for the flowrider.

Can't give you advise on Not wrecking yourself. I wreked myself two cruises ago now I just watch (which is still fun). You should be fine on flowrider the kids/teens/young adults usually are it's when you get older that you have to be careful and take it easy. :( :-?

My son is graduating on 6/24 he is spending a few weeks overseas in the summer to play soccer.

Freedom is a wonderful ship you will have a blast!!

Mike-Suz May 11th, 2009 02:38 PM

My stepson Karl spent every spare minute at the Flowrider.... he was standing and surfing after 3 days. Start on your belly... then practice getting on your knees and then as you learn how to keep it stable, you stand. Good luck you're gonna have a blast and a half!

wildtiger722 May 11th, 2009 02:54 PM

thanks for the tips...I'll be sure to have a full report when i get back :D

Trip May 11th, 2009 08:16 PM

I watched from the sides, in awe... have a ball, and, congrats!

Matelot May 11th, 2009 09:14 PM

Re: Freedom of the Seas-Flowrider

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildtiger722
hey every1..im going on FOTS in june to celebrate my HS graduation...i was wodnering what the 411 on the flowrider is......if u r under 18 do they make ur parents sign a form like on the Rock wall??? and any advice on how NOT to completely wreck myself on it is greatly appreciated 2 :D

If you are female be sure and wear shorts and a T shirt, the water is so powerful that it will pull off bikini tops/bottoms.

Donna May 11th, 2009 09:50 PM

You do have to sign a waiver everyday you want to use it, then they give you a wrist band for the day, no big deal....

Its a lot of fun, be sure to give it a try.

wildtiger722 May 12th, 2009 01:50 PM

oh you can be sure im gonna try it....thats 1 reason i cant wait to go on this ship....you will know where 2 find me :P

JSnow789 May 27th, 2009 04:52 PM

Are there any Flowriders in your area that you can practice on? We have a store in the mall here called 'Adrenalina' and the have a flowrider in the store. Any water parks? Just a thought...

wildtiger722 May 28th, 2009 12:46 PM

na none around my area. i havent even heard of a flowrider till about 5 months ago...i live in the most hickish part of the united states >_<

WildRover May 28th, 2009 02:14 PM

Isn't there a WaterCountry in NH?
Maybe they have a flowrider?

wildtiger722 May 29th, 2009 12:32 PM

yeah there's a water country but its down near the bottom of the state if i remember correct...im all the way at the top of the state. i dont think WC has a flowrider though. havent been there in years

WildRover May 29th, 2009 02:39 PM

Plus, the way the weather has been here (a balmy 47 degrees on Wed! :o ), it would never get warm enough at WC to use the flowrider before your cruise in June!

We skipped summer, fall and winter and went straight back to spring!
jeeze ... :roll:

thecruisequeen May 29th, 2009 02:47 PM

I guess this guy would be considered an advanced rider. :) 8) :-P