CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Serenade of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/364605-serenade-seas.html)

Pocono Pug May 19th, 2009 02:32 PM

Serenade of the Seas

Im looking for feed back on the Serenade of the Seas. Im looking to book her for December 5 cruise. If any has sailed her Id love to hear about it

Mike L May 22nd, 2009 09:58 AM

Serenade

It has been two years since I was aboard but, WOW, what a great ship :D
Everything I remember is nothing but positive.

I tried to do Alaska on her next month, but it did not work out :cry: Going on the Volendam instead :D

Pootersdad May 22nd, 2009 05:21 PM

Serenade OTS

The Serenade (as well as her sister ships - Brilliance, Radiance, and Jewel), are, in my opinion, the best ships in Royal Caribbean's fleet. Sort of like the three bears - not too big, not too small, just right....

We've been on all the ships in this class - they're all beautiful. We did Serenade to Hawaii two years ago, and Radiance last year. We're doing Jewel several times in the next couple of years.

You will love the Serenade!!! :!:

seadog2 May 23rd, 2009 12:16 PM

Re: Serenade OTS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pootersdad
The Serenade (as well as her sister ships - Brilliance, Radiance, and Jewel), are, in my opinion, the best ships in Royal Caribbean's fleet. Sort of like the three bears - not too big, not too small, just right....

We've been on all the ships in this class - they're all beautiful. We did Serenade to Hawaii two years ago, and Radiance last year. We're doing Jewel several times in the next couple of years.

You will love the Serenade!!! :!:

Agreed. We've been on the Serenade twice and the Radiance once. I like the way the ship has an open feel to it with all of the glass accents. You will love the Serenade. Enjoy.

panda3105 May 27th, 2009 01:35 PM

Came back from the Panama canal /mexico/San Francisco cruise on May 1st aboard the Serenade. A beautifully appointed ship, just the right size
and everywhere windows, for spectacular views, giving a bright open feeling almost anywhere in the public areas.
On the down side the elevators are somewhat confusing, they seemed to have their own agenda, and it's not always apparent which one is ready to open! -a small point I know, and the other thing was, that my better half missed the Royal promenade that they have on the voyager class,(no big deal to me)
All in all a beautiful ship and a wonderful trip!
Hope this helps
Panda

soccernut1984 May 28th, 2009 02:02 AM

I was on this ship in February 2009 for a Southern Caribbean cruise. The ship was perfect. Just the right size for my first cruise. Not a single complaint. All of the public spaces were open feeling. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite (#1034), and the room was amazing! There was so much room, plus there was a regular shower/bathtub in the bathroom!! :D

I do agree with panda3105, sometimes the elevators just passed you up, even if they were empty.

MamaGalloway June 6th, 2009 01:52 PM

Serenade was the first ship I ever sailed. She was beautiful. Loved the glass everywhere and the open feel of the public areas. It was also a good size, although now I think I prefer the smaller ships. I'm still testing out other ships, just to make sure! LOL

We sailed a southern caribbean out of PR and loved the itinerary. The staff were excellent and the food was too.