Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Would you cruise Freedom with a 13 month old?
Yes 3 33.33%
No 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Default 13 month old on Freedom of the Seas?

Hello all... well I'm a newbie, so please don't flog me if I'm posting this in the wrong spot (couldn't decide between here and the family cruising area).

I am looking at going on a family cruise with my hubby, 13 month old (at time of cruising) and my inlaws (they have never cruised) in September on Freedom of the Seas. I am trying to make the argument that it is a good time to go with a 13 month old (hubby thinks we should wait till he is older). What are your alls thoughts on sailing on Freedom with this age group?

Also I've read where RCCL has toys on board some ships for this age range... is this true for the Freedom?

And another question... where onboard ship would you stay... forward, middle or back and how high up?

Hubby and I were on Sovernign a few years ago and had a mid level, inside, right in the middle of the boat and we had a goodtime... but it did get a little rocky one night (but the ship was a LOT smaller than Freedom), so I am just wanting a good position to avoid too much rocking and rolling if the son is seasick prone.

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Welcome to cruisemates!!

I would go ahead and go on the Freedom with the family and plan on having a great time.

We cruised with our son when he was 9 months old. It really was an enjoyable cruise. My son was not walking yet so it was a breeze to cruise with him. We did it all execpt for staying out real late and going to the disco. Took him to 1st seating dinner, hang out by the pool all day, strolled him around in his stroller in the islands, hit the beaches and shopping, and even watched the evening show.

Just keep in mind there will be feeding, caring, changing diapers etc. on the cruise. (things you would be doing at home anyway....I rather be doing them on a ship )
Since your inlaws are going maybe they can help out a bit.

The biggest most important thing that worked for us was having my son take that afternoon nap. He would nap by the pool each afternoon for 2 hours and then he was good until 11pm.
Also my older son was 3 1/2 at the time. So it was the 9 month old and a 3 1/2 year old cruising. It was one of my best cruises. Enjoy them while they are little they grow up too fast.

I usually like the middle of the ship. On the Freedom I like decks 5, 6 and 7.

From what I have heard they have something going on for the younger kids under 2 with parents present though not a drop off service. Give Royal a call and find out for sure.

Enjoy your cruise if you do decide to go!!

8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Every person I have seen traveling with an infant has been miserable. They can't enjoy a good meal or entertainment. Being confined in a small cabin with an infant is hard and you have to pay full price for the baby.

Freedom class ship I barely notice the ship is moving. I would focus on getting the largest cabin and don't forget to write a review.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Familiar Face

8) We were on the Freedom with 2 toddlers, both under 3 and had a great time. Freedom class has a Splash Zone for diapered babies with swimmies. We had our own dining table, but preferred the buffet. 2 hour meals don't mix with toddlers.lol We had such a great time with our family that I really don't remember being " miserable " 8)