Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default Shore excursions in Cozumel and Belize

Sailing on Enchantment on June 8, and looking for a fun excursion. We're interested in being on and in the ocean-- perhaps a catamaran trip with snorkeling? Wondering if anyone has been on any--either booked independently or by RCL. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Both ports offer good snorkeling, have done excursions at both stops. In Belize the ship has a snorkeling trip to Goeff's cay which is outstanding. In Cozumel you can always go to Chankanaab park for snorkeling and beach time. They also have the dolphin swim there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:48 AM
First Mate

I have used Eagle Ray Divers for a snorkeling trip in Cozumel -- you might want to google them. We have also done the private beach resort trip which offers free snorkeling equipment, lunch and beach chairs, plus pool. The shore is quite rocky, however, so it's a bit of a task to get out to snorkle from the shore. I'm drawing a blank on the resort, and I was just there in Feb, but I think it's Island Marketing that books these -- there are several to choose from. I believe the Cozumel tourist site will link you to this booking group -- just a short cab ride.

In Belize we did the cave tubing -- a different kind of water experience, but neat. I booked a cave tube and a zip line through the ship -- it's a bit of a drive up to the mountain area, and I would be concerned about a private provider since busses can break down. Doing both the zip line and the tubing really made the timing tight, thus booking through the ship. They also serve you lunch on that excursion.

You really need some kind of excursion in Belize -- very third world, and no decent beach close to the town -- I think they are all off the islands that dot the area.
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
Passenger

I snuba'd thru the ships excursion in Belize. Loved it. Highly recommend it.