Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Default Bermuda excursion - Horseshoe Bay or Warwick Long Bay?

We are traveling to Bermuda for the first time and we need some advice. I have read that Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long Bay are beautiful beaches. I would appreciate any advice about visiting this location. Also, should we just take a taxi/bus to the beach or pay the RC excursion fee to visit the beach in Bermuda. Thank you, Laura
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to djmikedog83 Send a message via Yahoo to djmikedog83

when are you going to brumuda. i leave saturday from new jersy .
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Fellowcruisers,

In answer to your questions, I can advise as follows:

Both beaches are beautiful, but at Horseshoe Bay the waves can be dangerous if there is a swell running and both beaches can be rough in a south wind. Stay close to shore if it is rough and don't go out too far.

Horseshoe has a pretty good food stand and both beaches have good walking trails just inshore from the water.

A taxi would be expensive but quicker and more personal. The buses tend to be slower and crowded but both beaches have bus stops. Another small beach often overlooked is West Whale Bay in Southampton which is quite sheltered from most winds. Also to be considered is Somerset Long Bay which is much closer to Dockyard and is never rough except in strong north winds - a rarity in the summer.

You could try and find out how much a taxi would cost to the beach and then decide if it is cheaper that route or paying RC an excursion fee to visit the beach.

Either way, Bermuda is a beautiful Island and the people friendly.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

elf

P.S. I live in Bermuda with my husband.
Old June 6th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

We leave next Friday on our 14th cruise to Bermuda. We love it there.
Bob
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Passenger

We begin our cruise on June 25th out of New Jersey. Elf, the RC excursion will cost us $65 each to go to Warwick. Do you think a taxi would be more cost more per person. We were thinking we could get there for less via taxi. Thank you for all the info. How lucky to live there.
Laura
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello MIKnLARA,

I just telephoned a taxi service and they said it would cost about $30.00 or less from Dockyard to Warwick. Taxi service is available at Dockyard so you could grab a cab from there.

Yes, Bermuda is a beautiful Island and Explorer is a beautiful ship, so you really can't go wrong.

So far out of all the RCCL cruise ships, Explorer is our favorite.

elf
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Passenger

Thank you Elf. It was very nice of you to check out the price of a taxi. Thank you so much. I have heard nothing but great reviews about the Explorer of the Seas. Can't wait to cruise. Thanks again, that was awesome. Laura
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi MIKnLARA,

No problem.

What you might want to do is check with the taxi drivers and see what they will charge you in case they might overcharge.

We see Explorer coming into Bermuda all time from our house in the east end of the Island.

I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

Take care,

elf