Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default My Time Dining Liberty

Has anyone done the my time dining on Liberty of the Seas? We are sailing on Jul 18 and were just switched, at my request, due to my TA placing us at 6p dining. I was wondering how it was as I understand it is new.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Familiar Face

we will be sailing with Liberty in Dec. let me know how the my time dining goes. We currently have the 6pm seating.

cheers
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Will do.
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Will do.
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

What is the specific deal with My Time Dining? If you opt for this, does this mean you can go at 7 pm one night, 8 the next or anytime you want. Or do you have to go the same time you select that 1st night?

We have a group of 16 and some people may want to go different times on certain nights.

Any clarity would be appreciated? Have looked on C&A website, but I must be blind. I don't see anything on MTD>
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ill make sure to advise when I get back.
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
First Mate

Portslug, How did you like the My Time Dining??

Old August 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

My Time Dining was pretty decent although the servers looked like they were trying to work out the kinks in their system. We were able to get and reserve the same table and servers every night just request to be seated in the servers section. If you liked a particular table like us, table for two by the window, just ask for the table number when making reservations for the next night and you will have the same servers as they work particular areas of the dining room. We made reservations as early as 6p and as late as 8p with a 7p dining thrown in for good measure. It was very nice to be able to choose the time to eat and plan our evening accordingly. My advice would be to take the early dinner on formal night (lobster night) as they were the freshest and best I have had to date. It was nice for a change to get a table for two as well especially right next to the window with a sea view.
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Familiar Face

can you book a tale larger than your party, with MTD? I think the best part about cruising meals is meeting and getting to know others.
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Admiral

Yes you can book to be at a larger table even if there is only two people in your party.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portslug
My Time Dining was pretty decent although the servers looked like they were trying to work out the kinks in their system. We were able to get and reserve the same table and servers every night just request to be seated in the servers section. If you liked a particular table like us, table for two by the window, just ask for the table number when making reservations for the next night and you will have the same servers as they work particular areas of the dining room. We made reservations as early as 6p and as late as 8p with a 7p dining thrown in for good measure. It was very nice to be able to choose the time to eat and plan our evening accordingly. My advice would be to take the early dinner on formal night (lobster night) as they were the freshest and best I have had to date. It was nice for a change to get a table for two as well especially right next to the window with a sea view.
Good info Portslug--you mention different times(see my bold in your quote) and having to reserve those times. When do you need to inform dining room for specific time you want to eat?
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Brewtown,

You can ask for whatever time you want hence the name, however, when we asked for a 730p dinner reservation for our certain table, the lady at the counter looked it up and I could see her doing the math as to how long the party before us would take to eat and it seemed like they would give a 2 hour window for them to finish eating. On this particular evening we were not able to get the specific table we wanted but were able to sit in our servers section and they had a table open for 715p. When I requested a table for 8p this happened as well, two hour window, and we were accomodated my best guess being that we occupied the table that a 6p seating party had. Like I said it worked out for us pretty well but we also liked our particular servers alot and stuck with them. It was like being able to choose either late or early seating as the times pretty much correspond but without being locked into one or the other.
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Familiar Face

as this is my first time with RCCL I am not sure of table numbers. what size tables do they have. ie 6,10, 12 etc
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Brewtown,

We would reserve our next nights dining time/table when we exited the dining room after eating with only 1 exception. I did make reservation during the day one day at noon at the reservation desk and again no problem.

jazdax,

I had no idea of the table number either until the first evening of our dining. We liked the table so much we wanted to stick with it as well as our waitstaff.