Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Default Explorer of the seas question

I was wondering if there were hair dryers on the ship or if you have to bring your own? Also I'm going on the Explorer of the Seas 5 day Bermuda sailing and was wondering if anyone had a copy of the menu or knew where I could find one?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Captain

Hi there,

They have hair dryers in each stateroom so no worry. The menus you can see on the website but I can promise you after being on the ship for 2 cruises, that you will not be disappointed.

Happy Sailings!!!!!
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14

Booked:Freedom OTS 10/14
Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15

Old June 29th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Admiral

bricruiser,

There is a hairdryer in every stateroom. It is located on the top right drawer as you stand or sit in front of the mirror.

Your safe is located in the upper cabinet area above the left side of the desk behind a wooden door and is operated by entering your own four digit combination. To initially activate the safe simply follow the directions located on the inside door of the safe.

There is more than ample room in the closet for hanging items and on the side are wire shelves for folded items, shoes, etc. Additionally there are five drawers for clothes in the desk. The drawer with the hair dryer is only large enough for it and some pocket items (the hair dryer has a spring cord but it is permanently attached behind the desk). You havbe two 110 volt outlet on one side and the weird looking one on the opposite is 220 (for Europeans). there is ample storage for you luggage under the bed.

Above the safe is a storage located behind two wooden "saloon" doors as well as alongside the desk. There are also drawers in each of the bed stands as well as storage beneath them. Your luggage should like under the bed with little or no problem.

As for the menu, everytime I sail I keep saying to myself to remember to photograph the menus. Suffice it to say, I've yet to do so. As one over 62, I suffer from CRS. Let me just say this. If you like dining in a better restaurant (meaning linen table cloths and napkins, a formal place setting and attentive waiters, then you'll probably like your dining experience in the main dining room. As I say in my review, I also recommend it for lunch. The cuisine is, for lack of a better explanation, American leaning toward Caribbean and Continental. There is an alternate selection if you don't like anything on the main menu. Also understand if you've not sailed Royal Caribbean, that RCI is a little slick and doesn't explain that the "Starters" are also your appetizer, soup and salad. I guess they hope you don't realize that and order just one item.

Enjoy your cruise to Bermuda, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm also confident you'll love the Explorer.

Todd
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much, that was a lot of help