CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Luggage tags (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/365821-luggage-tags.html)

lak1 July 2nd, 2009 01:05 PM

Luggage tags

Does RCI still mail you luggage tags? A friend is going this weekend and did not receive any. I told her last time I was on RCI they had luggage tags and I can't imagine how your luggage can get to your room without it. Do they hand them out at the port?!?! Please advise, thanks!

blueliner July 2nd, 2009 01:11 PM

Yes, the luggage porters have blank tags at the pier for your friend to use. When they debark their ground transportation, the porters will hand them blank tags they can put their names and cabin number on.

Also, I highly advise them to put their names both on a seperate luggage tag of their own both on the outside and inside of their luggage, just in case the outside tags get lost, so the crew can then match the names on the luggage to the manifest and still get them to their cabin.

lak1 July 2nd, 2009 02:34 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll let her know to do this - very good point about putting the name on separately. Is this standard procedure now or SHOULD they have received tags in the mail?

Thanks again!

WildRover July 2nd, 2009 02:48 PM

With RCCL, you can opt to rcv your cruise documents via email or via regular mail.

If you choose to rcv them via email, there will be one page with a luggage tag included that you can make copies of to attach to your bags.

If you choose to rcv them via regular mail, you will get approx 6 luggage tags in the packet.

And you can always get some at the port.

lak1 July 2nd, 2009 02:58 PM

thanks again!

TejasMike July 3rd, 2009 01:29 PM

OUr travel agent mailed us the luggage tags in the shore excursion book about three weeks before the cruise-LIke they have done when we cruised with RC before.

We still put our own ( brightly colored round circle tags) so we can spot our luggage easier--it worth having them
Mike from Texas

yahootelemundo July 6th, 2009 12:29 PM

Even if you opt to rcv your cruise documents via regular mail , sometimes the travel agant from royal caribbean will force you yo use the email method. But if you are lucky to get it in the mail please reinforce your luggage tag with scotch tape. What a nightmare could be with your luggage for a week onborad royal caribbean :!:

IloveVegas July 7th, 2009 02:57 PM

I have two cruises booked and I got luggage tags sent directly from my cruise travel agent.

Hughescruise July 13th, 2009 11:22 PM

We got our documents through the email. It stated in the e-documents that our luggage tags would be given to us when we get to the ship. There was a whole box of them when we entered the boarding area.

jackieb July 14th, 2009 11:07 AM

I don't remember choosing

I don't remember choosing one way or another. So we have 2 months to go, should I receive tags either way? Do they send you an email with it?

donnatelemundo July 14th, 2009 01:07 PM

sometimes they do , sometime they dont