CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Are there Laundry facilities on ship? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/365896-there-laundry-facilities-ship.html)

jamicinc July 5th, 2009 03:27 PM

Are there Laundry facilities on ship?

Another stupid question....are there laundry facilities on the Monarch of the Sea? Getting ready for cruise soon and want to pack right amount of stuff! :D

Royalchump July 5th, 2009 05:41 PM

You can pay to have your laundry done by the staff on board. It is not cheap but it quite good and efficient . On long cruises I often was my clothes by hand.

Surfguyxxx1 July 5th, 2009 05:51 PM

There is one, maybe 2 laundrettes onboard. They cost about $1 to wash and $1 to dry. You can buy soap at the front dest for about $2.

The only problem you are going to encounter is that you have 2500 guests and not alot of machines. I went one time to the laundry facility and there was a line of about 10 waiting. Waiting!!!! So, I got up early the next morning and when they opened at about 8am, I was ready. By the time I had my 2 machines loaded, there was a line already.
Us the valet service and have them iron your shirts, pants, dresses etc. It's only about $2 per item and saves you alot of time.
Hope this helps.

MTL July 5th, 2009 07:03 PM

Hi,
No laundrette on the Monarch of the Seas.You will have to ask for from your steward.Have a nice cruise any way.

MTL

Donna July 5th, 2009 09:23 PM

Sorry to say, none of the Royal CAribbean ships have self service laundry rooms on their ships. I sure with they would do that at some point.

Both Carnival and Princess do, makes packing much easier and you don't have to take as much or come home with luggage full of dirty clothes.

Kamloops Cruiser July 5th, 2009 09:27 PM

Re: Are there Laundry facilities on ship?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamicinc
Another stupid question....are there laundry facilities on the Monarch of the Sea? Getting ready for cruise soon and want to pack right amount of stuff! :D

RCI usually has a special once during each week .
One bag of laundry ( not including shirts) was $10 USD.
This might of changed or increased in price.

yahootelemundo July 5th, 2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
Sorry to say, none of the Royal CAribbean ships have self service laundry rooms on their ships. I sure with they would do that at some point.

Both Carnival and Princess do, makes packing much easier and you don't have to take as much or come home with luggage full of dirty clothes.

carnival is really smart , is just my opinion

thecruisequeen July 5th, 2009 10:32 PM

I don't want to do laundry while I'm on vacation so I pack extras for everyone and take home a ton of laundry to do when I get home.

I'm so sick and tired of the laundry all year round that when I'm on Vaca I don't want to even hear that "L" word. :twisted: I'll deal with it when I get home. 8)

Manuel July 5th, 2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
I don't want to do laundry while I'm on vacation so I pack extras for everyone and take home a ton of laundry to do when I get home.

I'm so sick and tired of the laundry all year round that when I'm on Vaca I don't want to even hear that "L" word. :twisted: I'll deal with it when I get home. 8)

That's the way we feel. Mrs. TM and I would not want to waste our precious vacation time doing laundry.

TM

jazdax July 6th, 2009 01:46 AM

When we cruise we generally wash once the day before we leave the ship so i can just put all the clean clothes away when i get home. RCCL will be the first ship i have been on that doesnt have laundry facilities. So the next stop on our holiday means a day of washing instead of enjoying. :(

Mike-Suz July 6th, 2009 12:25 PM

That's actually the one thing I missed on Royal versus Carnival, the laundry room on each deck. They were very convenient.

yahootelemundo July 6th, 2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-Suz
That's actually the one thing I missed on Royal versus Carnival, the laundry room on each deck. They were very convenient.

I agree :!:

Matelot July 6th, 2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazdax
When we cruise we generally wash once the day before we leave the ship so i can just put all the clean clothes away when i get home. RCCL will be the first ship i have been on that doesnt have laundry facilities. So the next stop on our holiday means a day of washing instead of enjoying. :(

You won't be able to do the bulk of your laundry onboard, but they have reasonable rates to wash or dry clean. I managed to tip a bottle of make up down my new white pants and sent them out looking awful- got them back washed and ironed and stain free for $2 the next am. I like having a laundry, it helps with traveling light.

Surfguyxxx1 July 6th, 2009 06:14 PM

I stand correct; there are no facilities onboard RC. I was thinking of other cruises I had been on and apologize for the misinformation.

Manuel July 13th, 2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

All you have to do is spend a few bucks and let them do the laundry for you,

TM

jazdax July 13th, 2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
Quote:

All you have to do is spend a few bucks and let them do the laundry for you,

TM

i could do that But:

when travelling with 4 kids $2 per item adds up and i try to travel as cheap as i can.

I can live for 1 week without laundry. kids will just need to wear dirty clothers LOL

Nanny Buttock July 13th, 2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

I'm so sick and tired of the laundry all year round .......I don't want to even hear that "L" word.

Me too.

Hughescruise July 13th, 2009 11:08 PM

Just came back from an Alaskan cruise on Rhapsody. My husband had a pair of jeans, a polo, underwear and socks laundered. It was about $16, then on the last day there was a bag on our bed with a coupon for $25 for everything you could stuff in the bag. :-?

jazdax July 14th, 2009 03:31 AM

how big was that bag LOL

Hughescruise July 14th, 2009 10:29 PM

We probably could have, at least, put a couple of pants and 4 shirts and underwear and socks. My husband is a big guy so his clothes are heavier and bigger than mine. My husband would have made that coupon count! :D

jazdax July 15th, 2009 04:08 AM

sounds like a plan

BamaGirl August 4th, 2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

EXACTLY!!

JOYCEV August 4th, 2009 02:15 PM

yes a laundry ironing room on each deck te trick is getting in they are always crowded with a waiting line I have found that the best thing is to send your laundry out. the next day it is hung and foldrd in your room. ithink that when you grt to an ELITE level it is free. Another reason to stick with Princess