CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Back from Cruise to Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/365909-back-cruise-alaska.html)

Hughescruise July 5th, 2009 09:37 PM

Back from Cruise to Alaska

We had to come back to our "real" lives after a 7 day cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas. This was my husband and my first cruise, and cannot say enough good things about it. We love the scenery, which is indescribable, the food, our waitstaff, tablemates, activities, etc. I unfortunately got motion sickness the second day because of the 10 foot swells, but even that was not so bad. Being ex-navy, my husband loved the swells. We are immediately going to start saving for the next cruise... I don't know how I will be able to wait.
Weather was not too bad, it rained a little, so we noticed the children on board were in the adult pool alot, but since we did not use the pool we didn't mind. We packed ready for all the dress codes, but it was more layed back than I thought is was going to be.
The entertainment was excellent. I still cannot believe the quality of the shows on such a little ship. On some of the at-sea days we did have to pick and choose because we wanted to do everything. The digital camera class was a little bit of a disappointment. The lectures on Victoria and the question and answer session with the captian was interesting. They did seem to push shopping at jewelry shops alot, too, but the coupons they handed out were really worth it.
Juneau was BEAUTIFUL- I wish we could have spent more time there. We did not go to the glacier there (Mendenhall?), but I heard from others we definitely missed a great trip. Especially because the Dawson's Glacier we did see did not compare. And the excuresion was less expensive at the pier. Oh well- maybe next time!

thecruisequeen July 5th, 2009 10:38 PM

Glad you had a great cruise and you are now hooked on cruising! It really is the best way to vacation. 8)

gfleo July 5th, 2009 10:59 PM

Just came back from Radiance repositioning cruise in May and Alaska is absolutely awesome. The captain said it's the best weather he has seen in his career in Alaska.

Manuel July 6th, 2009 12:05 AM

A cruise to Alaska is a unforgetable experience. I'm glad you enjoyed it and welcome to the world of cruising.

TM

Conzulu August 5th, 2009 12:56 PM

My DH and I are getting ready to go to Alaska on the Rhapsody in 23 days!
We are traveling in a group of 11, sounds like we will be having a wonderful time! :D

Alaska on the Rhapsody - August 28, 2009

WildRover August 5th, 2009 02:11 PM

Welcome back Hughescruise!

I went to Alaska 7/11 on the Serenade. Also had a fabulous time!

What other ports did you stop at?

Donna August 5th, 2009 06:28 PM

Welcome back!

Sounds like you got addicted to cruising, that is what usually happens. Plus you cruised Alaska first, what a treat....Yep, start that cruise fund ASAP!

gottacruz August 6th, 2009 06:47 PM

Hi, now you'll want to go again and again, you are hooked now!!

Surfguyxxx1 August 6th, 2009 07:21 PM

OMG, after reading this I can't wait to do my first Alaska cruise. It's something we've always wanted to do, but haven't yet. Sooner than later I hope!