Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Passenger

Default Is there a safe in every room??

Is there a safe in every room of the ship or only in designated ones? Is there a charge to use the safe?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Yes there is a safe in every cabin and no you are not charged extra to use it. Have a great cruise.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Admiral

There are easy instructions on the front of the safe for you to use, free of charge. You punch in a 4 digit code, and only you can open the safe. Make it a number easy to remember, it's a major pain if you forget and the pursers desk has to send someone open it for you!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Sovereign of the Seas did not have safes in every room, Monarch and Majesty of the Seas are sister ships of Sovereign. I am not sure if they have safes or not.

The newer ships do have safes though.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Sovereign of the Seas did not have safes in every room, Monarch and Majesty of the Seas are sister ships of Sovereign. I am not sure if they have safes or not.

The Sovereign OTS is no longer in the RCI fleet, and when RCI did the refurbishment on both the Monarch and the Majesty over the past couple of years, they added safes to all the rooms.

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner
Quote:

The Sovereign OTS is no longer in the RCI fleet, and when RCI did the refurbishment on both the Monarch and the Majesty over the past couple of years, they added safes to all the rooms.
I am aware that SOS was sold. That is why I said the sovereign DID not, as in past tense, and not the Sovereign does not.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

I had a gal on CC (the "other" cruise board) who lives in LA, California, who cruised the Monarch A LOT before she repositioned-that said safes are only on decks 9 and 10 on the Monarch of the seas.

She loved the MOS and actually took one of the last California cruises on her-I think she said she cruised her 7 times total.

I just thought I would let you know-since her info conflicts with yours. I can only suppose you booked a suite when you cruised her.
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Quote:

I can verify that Monarch, as of early 2009, does not have safes in every cabin.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by najaboy
Quote:
Quote:

I can verify that Monarch, as of early 2009, does not have safes in every cabin.

You know, I pretty much knew that when my original post on this thread was attacked for being inaccurate. (althoguh I said I did not know-I knew about Sovereign) but as I had not cruised this ship I could not verify.

It just so happened the other day, I was reading a thread over there in which several of the California folks were saying how they missed the Monarch of the Seas. One person then mentioned how they loved the ship though they disliked the lack of safes.

The gal who cruised her 7 times mentioned, that she had a suite twice which had safes, but if she was in an ocean view she would lock things in her suitcase and put it under the bed.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know, I pretty much knew that when my original post on this thread was attacked for being inaccurate....

If you perceive what Blueliner wrote as being an "ATTACK" I would venture to say that you've brought paranoia to new heights!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Suz
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You know, I pretty much knew that when my original post on this thread was attacked for being inaccurate....

If you perceive what Blueliner wrote as being an "ATTACK" I would venture to say that you've brought paranoia to new heights!
! I guess you are right. Perhaps a little strong and not the correct term-but this is how I saw it- first he told me Sovereign of the seas was no longer of the fleet-which I KNEW- I only said Monarch was a sister ship to Sovereign, and that I had been on Sovereign-not Monarch.

Second, he said Monarch had safes in all the rooms and insinuated I was foolish to think Monarch did not have safes just because Sovereign did not have safes when I cruised her.

It did seem he wanted to make me look as silly as possible, but perhaps that is a little strong too. Oh well-I guess people should make sure they have the correct information, before they attempt to discount others' posts as being of no value. That can backfire, otherwise.

I suppose I should have said he belittled my post-instead of attacking it. Is belittle too strong a word?
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Admiral

I did not attack anyone or insinuate anything. I was mearly trying to state some facts to assist the OP. If you took that as an attack, then I refer you to the Mike-Suz post. I know the Majesty was outfitted with safes when her refit was completed, and I thought the Monarch was as well when they refitted her, but I stand corrected. I didn't attack, belittle or insinuate, you took my post all wrong. Just stating facts, but you take it how ever you want to.

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13