Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Familiar Face

Default Formal night, children and seating times

We are going on our third RCCL cruise soon, as listed in my sig. We just changed our seating to the late seating as it seems the youth thing is closed from 5-7pm. We only plan to eat in the big room once on formal night, but CANNOT take our overactive 5 year old. We figured on taking him to the Windjammer to let him eat, then taking him to be watched at 7pm so we can have the late seating at 8:30. Hopefully we'll be done by 10pm when they close again. I figure we'll eat in the Windjammer the rest of the time. Asian food is fine too, my son loves noodles! Is this going to work out? OR are we going to have to skip the formal night?

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Enchantment of the Seas - (January 2015) YES AGAIN!
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Familiar Face

i am not sure how RCL arrange things but on other cruise ships i have been on on the formal nights they can run kids party time (foods kids love) and it will run in time with the early formal. but that was a different line.

I understand that you really want a nice dinner together without interruption (dont we all) but have you tought of maybe using one of the alternative dinings that fit better with the kids club running times.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think your idea will work out just fine. Its always nice to have dinner in the dinning room on formal evenings. Have also had dinner in the Windjammer and that was also nice, just a different atmosphere.

Message Boards Moderator