Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Default Monarch of the seas

We are going on the monarch of the seas next month and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of shops and entertainment they have on the ship and also if they have a place to take pictures like the other ships. I know that this is one of the oldest ships RCI has but does that mean that there is less to do? Please let us know
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Familiar Face

You'll find lots of information on what you asked on the RCCL website. I have been on Sovereign and am going to be on the Monarch on August 7th (when are you going?) and I THINK they are the same ship. They have been remodeled since then, and the Sovereign may be gone altogether but they are large ships, among the largest at the time they were built. They don't measure up to today's superliners but they are NOT small or cramped at all. Lots to do, the viking crown bar on the smokestack is one of my favorite features. And there are several shops in the centrum. They ALL do pictures I'm pretty sure, and lots of places to take your own. If it is as nice as the Sovereign was 10 years ago, it's going to be nice. I can't wait!

---check out the deck plans and virtual tour on the RCCL website. Also, search for monarch of the seas on youtube. You'll fins LOTS of info that way.

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Hope for a BIG ship in 2015! (heck with that, we'll take a small one for 2014!)
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to unfdoug Send a message via Yahoo to unfdoug
Default Monarch

I have been on the Monarch twice in the past month. I had a blast both times. I have also traveled on the Sovereign of the Seas (sister ship) last Oct. The layout was the same with the exception of the viking lounge. There wasnt a bar to actually sit at in the viking on the monarch, the Sovereign you could sit at the bar.

The Monarch has great food, night life in the circut lounge on deck 8, an awesome piano man on deck 5, and an awesome buffet on deck 11.

I have posted my reviews from that ship from a couple weeks ago on my blog site if you care to check it out....

Happy sailing

Weekly radio show at http://www.cruiseradio.net
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the letting me know. YouTube was a great resource to use never thought of using it for checking out the ships! Can't wait for August 17th 8)
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Familiar Face

I loved Soverign. How is the food on Monarch? It is terrible on Mariner.

Thanks
Diane
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Familiar Face

I am cruising on Monarch of the Seas January 18, 2010 and found the information here very helpful. Thanks to all!!

Old July 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianeteacher407
I loved Soverign. How is the food on Monarch? It is terrible on Mariner.

Thanks
Diane
If you love salt, it's great. IMO food across the fleet is pretty bad in the MDR. I've preferred the Windjammer and specialty restaurant offerings for the past couple of years. Monarch's WJ is much better than Mariner's.