Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Default 3rd & 4th Passenger Fares - Higher than what I remembere

Just recently looking at booking a future cruise and began to notice that the fare for a 3rd and 4th passenger has really sky rocketed from what the line was charging before. I may be a bit out of date; however, I recalled that 3rd and 4th passengers (regardless of cabin category) were generally somewhere between $499 - $699 a person. Just recently I noticed that the fares for 3rd and 4th can be as high as $1400+ per person in a suite; also fares in lower categories go down in almost a tieired approach. Seems like the days when you could fill-up a cabin with 4 folks and hope to bring down the total cost of the cruise per person no longer is economically feasible. In some cases you're almost better off just getting multiple lower cost cabins versus getting one suite.
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

YIKES,
That is high for the 3rd and 4th person.. I know it varies by ship, so shop around and see what they are on other ships. There are even specials from time to time, where they reduce those, but at that price, you may as well book a separate cabin.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Captain

Definitley give yourself credit for running your options more than one way. I have had families with 8 folks find out it "can be" just as affordable to have 2 in a cabin. I think it is the mark of a good T/A to provide the best value as well as the best price.
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
First Mate

They do seem high this year, or maybe I am just noticing that other cruise lines such as NCL and Princess are having lots of 3/4 pax special rates..
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Familiar Face

Yes they are too high, especially for small children. Our cruise cost $279 per person for my wife and I and $249 for my 5 year old. What's he going to eat? Really?!?! I think it should have been $150. We're not really using much more resources for him other than adventure ocean.

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Hope for a BIG ship in 2015! (heck with that, we'll take a small one for 2014!)
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:23 AM
First Mate

Agreed, they vary the 3rd and 4th by ship; however, I feel like in the past they were much more consistent on their pricing strategy for the 3rd and 4th. Quite frankly, the only reason it ever made fiscal sense to purchase the Owners and Grand Suites in the past was when I got deals with the 3rd and 4th; with these new fares; I'm more inclined to purchase two lower cost cabins.