CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Radiance of the Seas from Tampa (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/366363-radiance-seas-tampa.html)

Dave the Wave July 21st, 2009 03:25 PM

Radiance of the Seas from Tampa

The offerings from the Port of Tampa have been somewhat limited for Royal Caribbean fans. I just discovered that Radiance of the Seas will finish her Alaskan season, in September 2010, do a Trans Panama Canal and begin a series of 4-5 nighters from Tampa. I hope the Grandeur stays in service though.

I have cruise Sovereign class, Vision class and Voyager class extensively but never Radiance.

http://www.hotbeachspots.com/photopo...f_the_Seas.JPG

venice July 21st, 2009 04:40 PM

isn't the Grandeur sailing out of Baltimore in the fall...I know it's chartered for the week of Oct 10-17 for the Capital Jazz Cruise that I will be on ?

Dave the Wave July 21st, 2009 04:49 PM

Yes, she is. Doing alternating Bermuda and Caribbean cruises. She goes to Tampa in December for the winter It appears Radiance will take over this itinerary the next year. Grandeur will go to Ft Lauderdale then and eventually Colon, Panama.

Dave the Wave August 12th, 2009 02:55 PM

Well I am booked and have a new countdown clock finally!!
8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike L August 14th, 2009 12:17 PM

Radiance Class

You will love this class. We have done the Jewel and Serenade and they are fantastic. Not all the amenties of the bigger ships but size and feel of the ships are perfect :D

felix_the_cat August 14th, 2009 01:52 PM

The Radiance class is our favourite of all them. So much glass - light and airy. Not too many people.

I'll have to take a look at the shorter cruises however since we come from Canada I'm not sure a short cruise is economically viable for us.

Dave Pearce August 14th, 2009 04:07 PM

I'll be on the Radiance OTS in 61 days and counting! :) This will be my first Radiance class ship. Can't Wait!

Dave the Wave August 14th, 2009 04:20 PM

SOunds like everybody loves them. Anyone play pool in rough seas?

blueliner August 14th, 2009 04:23 PM

I haven't been on a Radiance class ship, but I would really like to. I was looking for a Radiance class ship for our Europe cruise next year, but I couldn't find one with an itinerary we liked, so we booked the Voyager OTS.

felix_the_cat August 14th, 2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner
I haven't been on a Radiance class ship, but I would really like to. I was looking for a Radiance class ship for our Europe cruise next year, but I couldn't find one with an itinerary we liked, so we booked the Voyager OTS.

I don't know which itinerary you want but did you look at the Brilliance? She is permanently stationed over there. (Well, as permanent as it gets.)

Portslug August 15th, 2009 04:01 PM

I thought I heared she would be year round like the Inspiration I may be mistaken though.

blueliner August 15th, 2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix_the_cat
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner

I don't know which itinerary you want but did you look at the Brilliance? She is permanently stationed over there. (Well, as permanent as it gets.)

Yes, we really wanted to do our Europe cruise on the Brilliance OTS and looked really hard at all her itineraries. However, we needed to keep our cruise at 7 nights and for the time period we were looking at the Brilliance OTS is only sailing on 12 night itineraries. So we settled on the Voyager OTS since she is doing a nice 7 night itinerary during the time period we are able to travel.

If the Radiance is still in Tampa for winter 2010 - 2011, she will be on my short list for a winter cruise to the Caribbean and get us the chance to finally sail on a Radiance class ship.

thecruisequeen August 16th, 2009 08:45 AM

Speedo King congrats on your new Clock! :D 8) :-P

kevin c August 16th, 2009 09:13 AM

was on radiance a few years back. very nice ship.

Dave the Wave August 16th, 2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Speedo King congrats on your new Clock! :D 8) :-P

Thanks CQ! It is a little far off but at least have one to look forward to now.

AF1 August 16th, 2009 09:49 AM

Dave, your cruise is basically leaving from your home port. You won't have far to drive to board the ship.; I wish I has a ship that was that close to my home.
cheers

Dave the Wave August 16th, 2009 09:58 AM

This will be 4th time out of Tampa. Yes, very easy! The Skyway Bridge is cool to go under! 8)