CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Royal's Nation of Why not Commercials (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/366757-royals-nation-why-not-commercials.html)

thecruisequeen August 4th, 2009 12:48 AM

Royal's Nation of Why not Commercials

There are a few new commercials airing on TV which feature cruisers from a recent Liberty cruise. :D

This one is my favorite it features some fun line dancing. 8)

Donna August 4th, 2009 08:35 AM

I have to say, I love those commercials! Sure makes you want to cruise, isn't that the whole idea? Works for me!

WildRover August 4th, 2009 10:18 AM

omg ... Royal Caribbean has finally got it right!

I hadn't seen that commercial yet but I have to admit it was really well done. Simple yet effective concept, fun video shots and realistic moments any cruiser is likely to experience.

See, this is all they needed to get people to want to go cruising on RCI. The word of mouth will take care of itself.

thecruisequeen August 4th, 2009 10:43 AM

I think this commercial was shot either on July 16th or 17th I remember wearing that black dress and country line dancing towards the end of the cruise. LOL LOL It was alot of fun! :D

There was a marketing group onboard from New York and they shot a different commercial each day.

WildRover August 4th, 2009 11:31 AM

Ah ! ---- that's you!!!! :!:
I didn't notice at first!
Wow.... what fun!
What a great way to end your cruise!

Manuel August 4th, 2009 12:05 PM

WOW! You sure look great in that black dress. I am so impressed that you made that tv commercial. Way to go CQ.

TM

cruisermeg August 4th, 2009 02:34 PM

Well...it's cool that you were in it, but they annoy me....

mainly cause i am not there...sob sob...............

Trip August 4th, 2009 08:55 PM

You Look Good, as Bette Midler says! I think finally, with these ads, RCI has a winner....been a while;)

katlady August 5th, 2009 01:05 AM

Cool commerical especially that chick at the end line dancing. :D Congrats!!! Your first commerical. :D

skymaster August 5th, 2009 03:59 AM

You look GREAT C.Q. I'm mighty proud of you! One of our own makes it BIG. 8)

Ken
"SKY"

thecruisequeen August 5th, 2009 07:54 AM

Thanks everyone!! :D

The real star of the Country Line Dance that evening was my new friend Joyce. What a wonderful lady and great dancer! So glad we became friends. I always meet such nice people while cruising. :D :wink:

Here is Joyce and I on formal nite. (aka the Country Line Dance Commercial Queens) LOL LOL :-P

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7043105_n.jpg

Manuel August 5th, 2009 12:47 PM

That is one of the things that I love about cruising, we allways make good good friends on our cruises as well.

TM

venice August 5th, 2009 04:07 PM

It will be my great honor to represent you as your agent..because we are friends I will waive the usual 10% commission

now let's see, I'll contact DWTS to see about getting you on for next season..which male professional partner do you want :roll: :roll:

Trip August 5th, 2009 04:13 PM

Next commercial, I want YOU sitting behind the desk, with the mic...:)

venice August 5th, 2009 04:57 PM

CQ WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: just went to YouTube and there has been over 10,000 hits on your video and 1000 comments asking Royal Caribbean who the great looking blonde in the black dress with the star around her neck and the long legs..your fan club is growing and Royal Caribean will feature you in their next commercial doing the Salsa with Michael Douglas

thecruisequeen August 5th, 2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice
CQ WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: just went to YouTube and there has been over 10,000 hits on your video and 1000 comments asking Royal Caribbean who the great looking blonde in the black dress with the star around her neck and the long legs..your fan club is growing and Royal Caribean will feature you in their next commercial doing the Salsa with Michael Douglas

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Venice you are too funny!

:idea: :idea: Michael Douglas is not a cruiser so he should not be in a cruise commercial! I say they put you in the commercial! :idea: :wink:

thecruisequeen August 5th, 2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Next commercial, I want YOU sitting behind the desk, with the mic...:)

Behind the mic would not be good with my Joisey accent. :oops: :oops: LOL LOL :wink: :wink:

:idea: Hope they are filming commercials on the Explorer this week. :-P

Trip August 5th, 2009 08:59 PM

You could talk Joisey, and I could talk Bawston..whatta pair:)

thecruisequeen August 5th, 2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
You could talk Joisey, and I could talk Bawston..whatta pair:)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

venice August 5th, 2009 10:42 PM

CQ..I am in the federal witness protection program, so i can't be in a commercial

Mike-Suz August 6th, 2009 01:32 AM

Wow !!!!!!! I always knew you had star quality CQ and next thing you know BOOM there she is starring in her own commercial about her own ship!
Liberty Of the Seas... that IS your ship isn't it???

You look great!!!

thecruisequeen August 6th, 2009 07:05 AM

Yes Mike&Suz Liberty of the Seas is my ship however I drop the Of The Seas part and call it Liberty My Love!! LOL 8) :-P :wink:

A reporter from NY contacted me the other day and interviewed me about cruising she is doing an article about cruising for a local magazine.

CQ needs a vacation from filming commercials and being interviewed. LOL LOL I plan to sit around and relax and do nothing for 9 days on the Explorer. 8) Well maybe I'll do some line dancing. :wink:

Ok kids I'm off on the Explorer for 9 days... 8) Bye bye!! :-P

:twisted:

venice August 6th, 2009 10:39 AM

CQ..have fun..don't forget if you see the couple from Brazil (thongs & speedos) onboard ask them nicely for a picture for your buddies at CM :wink: :wink:

see if you can go 9 days without Salsa :-P :-P if you can't you are addicted :roll: :roll:

thecruisequeen August 6th, 2009 10:56 AM

I can't go one day without salsa never mind 9!!!! :twisted:

I'll do my best to get the pic of the Brazil Thong for my Cruisemates friends! LOL :-P Although it might be a ship full of Joisey folks! :shock: :-? LOL

:D :twisted: :-P

venice August 6th, 2009 11:51 AM

we here at CM are very :D open minded :D we don't care if the picture of the young lady modeling the thong swimwear comes from New Jersey, Brazil or even Tennessee :-P

As far as your :-P Salsa Addiction :-P it probably helps you stay in such great shape, so there will be no intervention while you are on your cruise

Manuel August 6th, 2009 12:46 PM

Have a wonderfull cruise CQ.

I know you will be enjoying every minute, but we will miss your posts.

TM

venice August 6th, 2009 01:25 PM

CQ :) :) :) I was just speaking with Mrs Michael Douglas (C-Z-J) and she wanted me to relay to you that the "Unity Showcase of Latin Dance" will have a series of Latin Dance Clinics (Mambo Nights) in Bermuda from August 13th thru 17th....she said that if the EOS is in Bermuda during that time, that if you agree to teach her husband how to Salsa, she will have him meet you at the pier when EOS docs :roll: :roll:

I'm taking her to the Bermuda Music Festival the last weekend in October so it's all good :-P :-P :-P

Surfguyxxx1 August 6th, 2009 08:26 PM

So, why doesn't everyone just book a cruise together and make their own commercial? I'd love to meet you all and party onboard!