CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Rhapsody of Seas - Windjammer Cafe for Dinner (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/366969-rhapsody-seas-windjammer-cafe-dinner.html)

Seattledot August 10th, 2009 06:11 PM

Rhapsody of Seas - Windjammer Cafe for Dinner

We were on Rhapsody of Seas back in 1998 and are planning another cruise next year with a group going to Alaska. Could someone please tell me if the Windjammer Cafe still turns into a dining experience for dinner. It says so on their website. Back in 1998 we could go to the Windjammer, be casually dressed but they had waiter service for our main course, and there was an appetizer/salad bar and a dessert bar. :)

Mike-Suz August 10th, 2009 07:43 PM

We would love to know the answer to this as well... because we are SO not doing the formal thing for our Sept cruise.
We get dressed up go to the dining room, eat.... get a picture and then get comfortable in our casuals..... just not worth it to us anymore.
So we'll be having our first ever dinners in Windjammer during formal night.

shahram72 August 11th, 2009 10:03 PM

As far as I know, the Windjammer is always a buffet, no matter the ship, but let me say this. We ate in the MDR every night on our cruise on the Monarch which I just returned from (review to follow), and each night we took our 5 year old to the Windjammer to feed him before dropping him off at Adventure Ocean so we could catch the second seating. The food looked so good that I almost wanted to skip the formal dinner. I always had a plate with him. The quality is much better than I remember. And, there are always the some of the same selections on the buffet that are served in the MDR. I love the new Asian and Indian selections on the buffet.

Seattledot August 12th, 2009 03:41 AM

Thanks so much Shahram22 for your reply about the Windjammer. Sounds like the food is still very good and I love the fact that they still offer some of the entrees served at the Main Dining Room. You have been a great help. :D

Robbie H August 12th, 2009 11:50 AM

What has changed is the level of service but still a nice buffet experience.

gx94111 August 15th, 2009 03:39 AM

Re: Rhapsody of Seas - Windjammer Cafe for Dinner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattledot
We were on Rhapsody of Seas back in 1998 and are planning another cruise next year with a group going to Alaska. Could someone please tell me if the Windjammer Cafe still turns into a dining experience for dinner. It says so on their website. Back in 1998 we could go to the Windjammer, be casually dressed but they had waiter service for our main course, and there was an appetizer/salad bar and a dessert bar. :)

I was on Rhapsody in May and had dinner twice in the WJ. It was quick, informal and good enough for the captain--he was there one night, too. I found the food to be bland but that is just my opinion.

Enjoy your cruise.

Seattledot August 15th, 2009 03:10 PM

Thanks so much for the information. I now have a better idea of what to expect.

:D