Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Default radiance of the sea: Grand Suite or Junior Suite?

We just finished our first cruise and can't wait to book another. We are considering the Royal Caribbean, radiance of the sea but wonder what the difference is between the Grand suite and the junior suite is? We see the difference in square footage and the single sink vs double sink in the bathroom, but is the bathroom that much smaller in the junior suite?

Thanks,
Jserv
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM
First Mate

we have stayed in both. JS is nice especially if you are advancing from a normal balcony cabin,. But OH MY you will love the Grand Suite. So big and roomy. Also get suite perks with a GS and not with a JS.Both are very nice but if there is no option go for the GS you won't be sorry.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Captain

Default JS versus GS

Also, if you book a Grand Suite, you get one extra cruise credit for your C & A account .
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Passenger

thanks for the feedback. Since it will be for our anniversery I think that's what we'll do. It will be our first RC cruise, so I think we should do it up right and get a good impression.

Thanks,
Jserv
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Captain

Default Grans Suite

We are Diamond Plus with Royal Caribbean, having done lots of cruises. On our Boston - Miami repositioning cruise in October (Jewel), we will have our first Grand Suite. We normally do cat. D1 on the Radiance Class ships, so this will be an adventure. We're really looking forward to it. We will have cabin 1600 (aft).

By the way, we have sailed all Radiance class ships - Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade, and Jewel. This is our favorite class of ship. Lots of glass, so you always have a view of the sea. You will love the Radiance. Have a great cruise!
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Passenger

thanks everyone for your thoughts and feedback. We booked it today! The countdown begins.

I heard cabin 1600 is fantastic, but my hubby was concerned about being in the back (unfounded), so we have 1060 more mid-ship.

We can't wait!!

JServ
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:07 PM
First Mate

OH MY GOSH! We have been on 15 RCCL cruises and that ship and that cabin was my favorite of all. Take a look at the size of the balcony. It is huge you will love it. We ordered room service almost every morning, afternoon snacks at sail away. We so enjoyed that balcony. What a great anniversary you will have.
We had friends on a lower floor and every afternoon after our shore trips they would come to our cabin, order room service and just sit and enjoy the views before dinner. Very close to the lounge for cocktails prior to dinner also. You are lucky to have gotten that cabin. Happy Anniversary.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
First Mate

if you want to invite guest to your cabin. Honestly you can have a party. Just ask your cabin steward and they will bring extra chairs
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Passenger

thanks so much! You have made our day, Jiffymom! Now we can not wait! We loved our first cruise this month and especially the balcony so now we are so pumped about our cabin for our anniversery. I honestly do not know how we are going to last until we go! HA!

Thanks for the great report!
Judy
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Admiral

how many years of marriage are you celebrating
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Passenger

It will be 23 years..geez..I had to count on fingers for that one.

Anyway, we are so excited now and really don't know if we can wait that long. We may have to take one sooner..

JServ
Old August 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
First Mate

When is your anniversary cruise. You do know you get the concierge lounge with that cabin. Free cocktails.
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Passenger

jiffymom,
Our anniversery cruise isn't until October of 2010! Way too long to wait so we may have to take one sooner.

With the concierge level you get free cocktails? wow! That's amazing! Love that idea!

JServ
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Captain

Default Grand Suite Amenities

Quote:
Originally Posted by jserv
jiffymom,

With the concierge level you get free cocktails? wow! That's amazing! Love that idea!

JServ
Actually, the Concierge Lounge is open to people sailing in a cat. GS or above, and to anyone who has Diamond Plus status with RCL. Diamond Plus is 24 or more cruise credits. So, be sure to enroll in the Crown & Anchor society - the loyalty program - and start accumulating those cruise credits!