Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This is what Felix told me by email. This is actually what I thought - these are price reductions before final payment.

As long as it is before final payment and you qualify for the reduction (ei not a Tuesday special) they will give you the reduction. I believe when they first made this announcement they didn't intend to give any reductions but quickly discovered that wasn't going to work.

That would only have created masses of paperwork with cancellations and rebookings. That would have killed them and murdered us as Travel Agents.

Once final payment has passed thats when the no price reductions kicks in. That is primarily because that is when the biggest reductions are usually posted. At final payment its not unusal to get a lot of cancellations as people discover they can't afford to sail, don't want to sail, have been holding other cruises while they decide what they truly want. With that in mind, they have sales after the final payment when they know how much stock they really have.

If you book after final payment that is when you have 48 hours for a reduction. There is only a slim chance of that happening so they're willing to take their chances.
Old November 10th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Royal Caribbean Price Drops

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. notified travel agents of the company's new Best Price

***Edited to remove commercial referende***

Last edited by Donna; November 10th, 2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm absolutely fine with this policy. It's clearly set-out and fair - in my opinion.

Last edited by Donna; December 13th, 2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: removed hyuper link for leggings...
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

On May 17, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. notified travel agents of the company's new Best Price Guarantee and updated the Web sites of its three brands

Thanks,
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Question

Does anyone know, if you book a cruise in advance through a travel agent for a Royal Caribbean cruise, and RC drops the price, does the travel agent have to honor the drop? Mine is saying that RC won't drop the price when they called about it. Is the RC price guarantee only for direct bookings? Thank you if anyone knows.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Admiral

No, the TA is not obligated but would be very foolish not to. However if he drop you are looking at is a Monday special you won't be entitled. If you are past final payent they no longer give price drops either.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you! Actually, my fiancee booked and paid for his part of the cruise a year ago (due to RC cancelling a cruise of his) and now we want to add me on (it's in October). They reserved me a few days ago for $1,900 of which we never put down a deposit yet. It was not a Monday or Tuesday special (or any type of special) and we didn't pay for it. Now we see on the RC site that the price is only 1,029. The TA said that they can't reduce the price, and that if we want to cancel me, we'd have to cancel both of us, which would cause him to lose some credits he was given by RC as reimbursement for RC cancelling his cruise. Wouldn't my part of the reservation cancel automatically anyway after a certain amount of time of non-payment of the deposit?
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline S. View Post
Thank you! Actually, my fiancee booked and paid for his part of the cruise a year ago (due to RC cancelling a cruise of his) and now we want to add me on (it's in October). They reserved me a few days ago for $1,900 of which we never put down a deposit yet. It was not a Monday or Tuesday special (or any type of special) and we didn't pay for it. Now we see on the RC site that the price is only 1,029. The TA said that they can't reduce the price, and that if we want to cancel me, we'd have to cancel both of us, which would cause him to lose some credits he was given by RC as reimbursement for RC cancelling his cruise. Wouldn't my part of the reservation cancel automatically anyway after a certain amount of time of non-payment of the deposit?

It sounds as if he had paid single on his original booking or had someone else gone with him? This isn't quite black and white. If I were you (or him) I would either call RCL directly or ask for a 3 way call with your TA. What your TA is not really making a whole lot of sense.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

This booking does sound a bit confusing.. I understand your BF can't just cancel and re-book or he'll loose $ for sure...Keep us posted...

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

But you could make that final payment at any time and if the price went lower then so did the amount of your payment.

Thanks,
***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; February 13th, 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old February 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to mikefaris Send a message via Yahoo to mikefaris
Default Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas dothey have soft blankets?

I going on a cruise on October 21 2012 when the weather would be cold.
Do they have soft throw blankets on the pool deck and upper decks when I want to sit outside enjoy the view.

Do they have soft blankets in the balcony rooms 7568 and 7570 ?

I hope it like celebrity cruise blankets and better.

Does anyone have pictures from Jewel of the Seas blankets on the ship?
Old July 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We booked our cruise on the Indy for December 30, 2012. The Travel Agent quoted us a price that was lower than what the same cabin would have cost had I booked it through the RCI site. She indicated that she could offer the lower price because it was part of group space that her agency had. I do not know what that means, but I am curious whether, if the price drops generally for this cruise, will I be able to get a lower price (at least a pro rate reduction from what I was quoted based on the percentage that RCI dropped the price)? In other words, if they lower the price by 10%, should my TA give me a 10% break on what she quoted me or am I stuck with the group prcing she already gave me?
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Travel agents sometimes book a group of cabins and can sell them at a reduced price and if you are lucky to be going at the same time, you can get in on the deal. Booking directly with a cruiseline will not get you the group price.

I think if the price does go down, you would have to cancel and re-book and I don't think there would be much savings at all, if any. Sometimes it will cost you more and you would not have the cabin you origionally booked, so be happy with what you have. Usually too, the t/a will throw an onboard credit to each cabin, or something special that you would not get by booking direct.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default testing

testing, testing testing testing testing testing