Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Beginner

Default Royal Caribbean Mexican Cruise Feb 2010

Hello everyone...

I am new to this message board! I have read many comments and find them all helpful and useful. Thanks!!

My boyfriend and I ( 24 and 26) have cruised before.. about a year and a half ago on the Celebrity Galaxy , Southern Caribbean. It was a nice cruise however sort of boring at times... everyone seemed to be in bed by 9:00. And the ship was old, no optional restaurants.. just the main dinning room and the buffett.

I am beginning to plan a Royal Caribbean Mexican Cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. It is 10 days and leaves from San Diego. The ports of call are San Diego, California | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico | Mazatlan, Mexico | Acapulco, Mexico | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I really wanted to do a 10 day... 7 days just isn't enough.. and I had a hard time finding a Caribbean cruise for that long that hasn't visited islands we have always seen.

Has anyone every cruised to Mexico.. Any tips?
How about shore excursions suggestions.. we like the beach and adventures..
Anyone else planning the same cruise?!?!
Is RCI better than Celebrity?
Any bad things about these ports of call or RCI ?
Do cruise prices really drop if i wait to book??
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
First Mate

Don't worry about a price drop. Just call and they will reduce the fare. Have you considered the Mariner Of The Seas ? Because of your age and the fact that you said you were bored at times on the last cruise, I know that the Mariner is a better choice. I have been on the Radiance several times and it is really a nice ship, but you would enjoy the Mariner ten times more!!
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Beginner

My wife and I will be on the Radiance also for the Mexican Riviera cruise leaving 2/12/2010. Our 3rd Royal cruise. Also have been on Holland America twice and once on Norwegian . I've found that Royal is the most fun of the 3 lines, but any cruise is wonderful. Wife and I have traveled extensively over the past 10 years, but haven't hit the Mexican Riviera portion of the world yet, so this will be new to us also. I've researched the ports and all seem very good and many things to choose from for entertainment. Wife and I are elderly, but enjoy lots of fun also. I've found quite a variety of people enjoy Royal from young, middle aged and retired folks like us. From what I've been able to find out, Radiance will be the best ship we've been on from a stand point of size, decor, entertainment, service etc. The others we've been on have also been nice, but this one appears to be the best. Others were Monarch of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Norwegian Dream, Hollands Westerdam and Hollands Nordam. Our pre-cruise stay will be at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, right near the cruise terminal and near Sea Port village and the gaslight district. Hotel looks wonderful, and so handy. Hope you 2 have a wonderful cruise. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with Royal.